Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Colt Gov't XSE

Default Colt Gov't XSE

Picked up a new Colt last night from John at Seneca Arms at an excellent price.

Went to FCO last night and tried it out, Staring off I was away from COM and the slide refused to stay open on an empty mag, I discarded the factory mags switching to some Wilsons and had no further issues.

About half way through I realized it was getting really hot on the range and my hands were getting sweaty so I removed the double diamond walnut grips and pulled the Hogue panels off my Springer and started doing much better.

This was my last target for the evening. (My wife needs the extra ammo for putting her new Ultra CDP through the paces tonight)

Overall the Colt will shoot better than I can, other than the factory mags giving me issues I had zero malfunctions. The gun came back on target quickly, and cycling was very smooth.

Total round count was approx 150 mainly American Eagle 230gr FMJs and some 165gr Federal Hydra Shoocks, with targets between 7-10 yards untill I get used to the Colt, I'll take it out farther next time I go out door shooting.

The factory sights lined up nicely, but I'll probably replace them with some Heinie straight 8s or some XS 24/7 big dots. I also removed the factory MSH as it had the vertial grooves which I don't care for and added a Smith and Alexander 1 piece mag well that I had on hand.

The pics may appear a little dull, the flash was reflecting of the stainless way too much for cleaner pictures.

"We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Colt Gov't XSE

MMmmmmm.

Hydra-Shoks.

Nice heater.

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Montgomery County)

Jdlv4 0 is a great guy and he has a very nice and certainly gun smart wife too!

if any of you PFOA members have the opportunity to deal with him, rest assured he is a good guy.

PS, thanks for the BIZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    MMmmmmm.

Hydra-Shoks.

Nice heater.
    Thanks's

JDLikeshis1911sV4_0

(Bucks County)

jdlv4_0,
    My compliments on the Colt purchase, that's money well spent. Many years of enjoyment ahead...Mike45

Thumbs up Re: Colt Gov't XSE

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca Arms Co. Inc. View Post
    Jdlv4 0 is a great guy and he has a very nice and certainly gun smart wife too!

if any of you PFOA members have the opportunity to deal with him, rest assured he is a good guy.

PS, thanks for the BIZ.
    Thanks for the words John, don't know how I missed this post yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also took the Colt back out for some more exercise this evening, ran 50 rounds of Remington 230gr JHPs, 50 Rounds of Remington Golden Saber 185gr +Ps and 50 rounds of Fed. 230gr JHP +Ps, not one hiccup.

(Bedford County)

Nice Colt. I have one like it, and it has been a very good shooter. You can add a beavertail grip safety from Wilson Combat that requires no grinding of the frame. They don't fit quite as nice as a custom job, but they look decent and you dont have to alter the factory Colt frame for possible future sale. Have fun with yer' new pony.

Thumbs up Re: Colt Gov't XSE

[QUOTE=BUCKMARK;66528]Nice Colt. I have one like it, and it has been a very good shooter. You can add a beavertail grip safety from Wilson Combat that requires no grinding of the frame. They don't fit quite as nice as a custom job, but they look decent and you dont have to alter the factory Colt frame for possible future sale. Have fun with yer' new pony.

I've got one of those Wilsons sitting around somewhere, I don't care for the large gap between the tang of the frame and the grip safety, I think I'm going to leave it alone for now, eventually I'm going to get the sights replaced, when I send it out for that I will probably add on the Ed Brown safety that I have from a previous project that never took off.

(Berks County)

People who buy toys like these, on top of making me ill, just plain make me jealous. Nice pick up. I started drooling at the first pic.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA