Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default Savage AccuStock

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased / shot the Savage 110 with the poly accustock? If so, what was the result? Pro, Cons you know the drill.

I'm a Savage guy, as I've got a laminate stock 110 in .25-06 that I would not sell for 10x its value, maybe 11x. However I'm curious about the Accustock as I've avoided poly stocks due to the problems Savage is trying to fix with the accustock. If it is legit, I'm most likely going to seek a .30-06 for Elk hunting out west, as if it performs as advertised it would be a great rifle to pack for long trecks due to the light weight without sacrificing anything.

Any and all opinions on this welcomed and appreciated.

Default Re: Savage AccuStock

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZINPA View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has purchased / shot the Savage 110 with the poly accustock? If so, what was the result? Pro, Cons you know the drill.

I'm a Savage guy, as I've got a laminate stock hed110 in .25-06 that I would not sell for 10x its value, maybe 11x. However I'm curious about dmthe Accustock as I've avoided poly stocks due to the problems Savage is trying to fix with the accustock. If it is legit, I'm most likely going to seek a .30-06 for Elk hunting out west, as if it performs as advertised it would be a great rifle to pack for long liketrecks due to the light weight without sacrificing anything.

Any and all opinions on this welcomed and appreciated.
    I'm sorry to say like you I have not held one. But they dam sure look cool. Savage is known for turning out good OTB rifles. So I would bet on the stock...Being a pretty dam good one. I can see't Savage putting a stock on one of their rifles, without a lot of testing.IMHO
    Last edited by Ronnies111; June 19th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

Default Re: Savage AccuStock

I have purchased two rifles in the last month. A Browning X-Bolt and a Savage model 10 w/ Accutrigger & Accustock, both guns in 7mm-08. The Browning will shoot .625-.750" without problem. The Savage will shoot the same handloads at .250 to .375"! In defense of the Browning the Savage has a 4.5-14 power scope and the Browning is stuck with a 3-9 power. This is my 1st Savage, I always thought they were butt ugly and felt cheap. I have not spent a lot of time working up a handload as of yet so there probably is room for improvement. I don't shoot a lot anymore and have never shot groups this small with anything larger than 6mm so I'm a happy camper. For the record, these are 3 shot groups at 90 yards.