Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Gouging on classified boards

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Sad to see the gouging thats going on in the ammo section of the classifieds. If you are just buying ammo at Walmart to try and make a profit, well thats just not right. If you dont want it, leave it there and a guy who needs it can get it. Sad state of affairs.

Default Re: Gouging on classified boards

Quote Originally Posted by PAfarmboy View Post
    Sad to see the gouging thats going on in the ammo section of the classifieds. If you are just buying ammo at Walmart to try and make a profit, well thats just not right. If you dont want it, leave it there and a guy who needs it can get it. Sad state of affairs.

Gunshops do it all the time... no secret there.
    Its ashame, but its called survival. With the crappy economy and everyone out of work, you will undoubtedly see this.

(Mercer County)

I wouldn't do it. But it's business, and I have no problem with people or businesses that try to gouge, it's Supply & Demand which is capitalism. If you have a problem with the price don't buy.
    I keep a notebook of businesses and individuals that gouge and when the prices fall back to a reasonable price level I refuse do business with them. It will come back and bite em in the long run

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Lehigh County)

Wait til the downfall of society comes, if you think the current gouging is unethical.

Three weeks with the electrical grid down and bullets will be dear indeed... not to mention other commodities.

(Chester County)

Are you kidding me? Are you a commie?

They can ask whatever price they want for what they're selling in the classified sections. It's called capitalism. It is the American way. It is right and they are allowed to make a profit.

Someone can choose to buy at that price, negotiate a lower price or not buy it at all. Sheesh... listen to yourself! Making a profit on the sale of goods and services is as American as you can get.

Did you vote for Obama?
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Erie County)

Im sure this thread will be locked. Ive seen these before

(Allegheny County)

Just don't buy from them at those prices. Anyone looking to buy something online should check other outlets (including local store pricing) to verify they are getting something at or below normal asking prices. If not, don't give the person/business your money.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post

They can ask whatever price they want for what they're selling in the classified sections. It's called capitalism. It is the American way. It is right and they are allowed to make a profit.

Someone can choose to buy at that price, negotiate a lower price or not buy it at all. Sheesh... listen to yourself! Making a profit on the sale of goods and services is as American as you can get.

Did you vote for Obama?
    Quoted for truth.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post

Did you vote for Obama?
    THIS......
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    I wouldn't do it. But it's business, and I have no problem with people or businesses that try to gouge, it's Supply & Demand which is capitalism. If you have a problem with the price don't buy.
    I keep a notebook of businesses and individuals that gouge and when the prices fall back to a reasonable price level I refuse do business with them. It will come back and bite em in the long run

oracle
    Agreed!

The gouging going on is a bit comical.
    A few people hitting up W*M to profit on fellow PAFOA members.
    I'm all for profiteering, but take it to gunbroker or something.

With that being said, you don't have to buy at those prices.

If you notice, the ammo is sitting longer in the hands of the gougers than it was a month or two ago.

Also, it's not that hard to find ammo these days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast