Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Another preemption letter sent off

I was looking around the Montgomery County Parks web site here-

http://parks.montcopa.org/parks/cwp/...41,q,39824.asp

As we all know, the firearms portion of rule number two is null and void. I sent an email to the address listed on the "contact us" page informing/reminding them about preemption. I asked that the web page be changed to avoid any confusion about the legal carry of firearms in County Parks.

I used part of a template letter found on this site and modified it as needed. I know other members have sent letters, contacted park offices and officials within the county, but I don't think anyone has addressed the County web site. It could slip through the cracks if not directly addressed. I will be sure to let everyone know what kind of reply I get.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Another preemption letter sent off

Every little bit helps.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post

As we all know, the firearms portion of rule number two is null and void. I sent an email to the address listed on the "contact us" page informing/reminding them about preemption. I asked that the web page be changed to avoid any confusion about the legal carry of firearms in County Parks.

I used part of a template letter found on this site and modified it as needed. I know other members have sent letters, contacted park offices and officials within the county, but I don't think anyone has addressed the County web site. It could slip through the cracks if not directly addressed. I will be sure to let everyone know what kind of reply I get.

+Rep!!!

Thanks for informing these left wingers!

(Berks County)

Anyway to see a copy of the letter? And would you be willing to let me use/edit it as well? I'm in the process of sending letters to my local parks.

(Delaware County)

I live in Delaware County and for their park rules it says nothing about prohibition of carry, but it says the "Use" of firearms is not allowed. Would this qualify as preemption?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post

You might want to coordinate with ehilde, see his posts in the other Montco thread:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...tml#post767649

(Luzerne County)

I sent them an email also and got a responce I want to post there reply but there is a Confidentiality Notice in there e-mail and Im not sure if it's legal for me to post or not, so all I can say at this point is they responded.

Löki
    Last edited by Loki666; June 19th, 2009 at 07:08 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    Anyway to see a copy of the letter? And would you be willing to let me use/edit it as well? I'm in the process of sending letters to my local parks.
    Here is the link to a template letter found on this site. I just modified/added to it as needed. http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...violation.html

Quote Originally Posted by Conglomeration Al View Post
    I live in Delaware County and for their park rules it says nothing about prohibition of carry, but it says the "Use" of firearms is not allowed. Would this qualify as preemption?
    I don't think that would qualify. Someone else should be along shortly to give you a definitive answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki666 View Post
    I sent them an email also and got a responce I want to post there reply but there is a Confidentiality Notice in there e-mail and Im not sure if it's legal for me to post or not, so all I can say at this point is they responded.

Löki
    I also got a response already. Basically it says thanks for your inquiry, it has been forwarded to the Solicitor's office for their review.

It doesn't say how long the review should take or if I will be contacted upon the conclusion of the review. I'm going to send another email to ask those questions.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by twoeggsup View Post
    You might want to coordinate with ehilde, see his posts in the other Montco thread:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...tml#post767649
    I know he has contacted officials in Montgomery County about the signs located at the Park(s) He was told they would be addressing the signs. I just assumed County would overlook the website rules unless they were reminded. It also lets them know there is more than one person in the county that knows/cares that the rule is invalid and that corrections should be made to avoid any confusion.

(Luzerne County)

I also got a response already. Basically it says thanks for your inquiry, it has been forwarded to the Solicitor's office for their review.

It doesn't say how long the review should take or if I will be contacted upon the conclusion of the review. I'm going to send another email to ask those questions.
    Im with you smithwessn. My reply said the same thing btw.

Is this legal? It's my e-mail why can't I show it? Or can I? Or are they just trying to stonewall.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, forwarding, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Im not even in your county but I care

Löki
    Last edited by Loki666; June 19th, 2009 at 07:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast