Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: I got my VA CCW

(Monroe County)

Default I got my VA CCW

Being active duty I got the VA resident permit. Cool thing is it's also a shall issue state and with being Navy I did not have to provide any other proof of training or fingerprints. $50 and turn in the form. I dropped it off around the 12th of May. They have 6 weeks to get it to you. I got the email from my wife today that it came in the mail. So they made good.
    Too bad I'm floating or I'd break it in this weekend. ( I can't carry on base so it's not much use during the week.) Plus I now have more peace of mind when I travel this summer to Interservice and Perry Matches. Just in case Fed law and being on offcial orders did not have me covered. (I know they do I'm just being sarcastic)

Real fun is I kept my PA DL with my "home addr" as I can and my VA CCW hase my VA addr on it- if I have an encounter in PA like some of -ooh I and say us now- us do, it sould be fun to explain why to the LEO.
    Though my MIL ID should clear it up.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Default Re: I got my VA CCW

I'm going to be jumping through their hoops to get one within the next year.

glad to hear you got one