Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Remington X mark trigger...

my 700 SPS V just went to the smith today to get the trigger worked on and bedded into the new HS precission stock.

what kind of pull have others been able to get out of the triggers?

i asked for the "lightest he can get with it still being safe to slam the bolt home"

Jim Hakes gun smith from what i hear is good to go and knows what he is doing, but im curious as to what others have seen out of the X-mark triggers...
    This Space For Rent

(York County)

Default Re: Remington X mark trigger...

I adjusted the X mark trigger on my SPS tactical down to about 2lbs. It breaks very nicely.
    These are great factory triggers IMO and very easy to adjust.(one set screw to turn)

i read that in the instructions, but i want it lower than that. i want it to be ounces, and im not sure he will be able to do that. we will see i guess...
    This Space For Rent

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy4Blazer View Post
    i read that in the instructions, but i want it lower than that. i want it to be ounces, and im not sure he will be able to do that. we will see i guess...
    X Mark Pro triggers are so so. I have known lots of people that have adjusted them down low and they were breaking clean. Then after about 200 or 300 rounds, they start to get inconsistent and not breaking clean, or the poundage starts to change. This occurs even if you have finger nail polish on the screws so that they're "glued" and won't back out. Some of the triggers hold up, but most of the people I know who have done them have problems with them later on. So they usually end up replacing the trigger, but I say it's worth a short. If I had to pay to have a gunsmith work over an X Mark Pro trigger, I'd probably just spend $80 a buy a Shilen trigger and install it myself. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it. It'll suck to spend some amount of money to have a trigger worked over, only to have to replace it later.

I can already tell you that you aren't even gonna get "ounces". If that's what you want then you probably need to save everybody some time and just buy a BR trigger, install it and be done with it. Either way, the X Mark Pro won't do those kinds of weights consistently, safely, or reliably over time and higher round counts. That's just my personal opinion.

(York County)

I dont think you can get it that low safely... but ???
    I have a 2 oz. Shilen on my 22-250 rem. varmit specail and can tell you it is so light you almost don't feel the trigger, also you lose the safety and the bolt stop with it. Its ok for the range if thats what you want it for, but on my new tactical I like the x-mark @2lbs, still feels very light but with the safety and stop.
    I hope it stays this way.

jsut got it back today and WOW!!

new springs, ground and polished sear and it breaks like glass at 1.5lbs.

i am VERY happy with it! i also had the stock glass bedded and the guy did an AWESOME job. he perfectly matched the color of the stock (HS precission desert tan with black web) and its all snug as a bug!

ill try to get pictures soon!
    This Space For Rent

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy4Blazer View Post
    jsut got it back today and WOW!!

new springs, ground and polished sear and it breaks like glass at 1.5lbs.

i am VERY happy with it! i also had the stock glass bedded and the guy did an AWESOME job. he perfectly matched the color of the stock (HS precission desert tan with black web) and its all snug as a bug!

ill try to get pictures soon!
    Sounds good. I'm glad that you are satisfied with your trigger. I figured that when you said you were talking about ounces, you might not be familiar with how light that is. Either way, I'm glad you're satisfied with 1.5 pounds. I don't much care if the bedding matches the stock, but that's cool that he did it. Can't wait to see the photos. Keep it up, and can't wait.

i didnt care that he matched the color or not. i was just impressed that he took that much care to do so.

i guess my bananna hands dont know the differance between ounces and lbs either... lol i am VERY happy with the pull and can not wait to get some rounds down range with it.
    This Space For Rent

here she is! bedded and ready to put some lead down range!

just wish i could go shoot the dang thing... lol
    This Space For Rent

nex mod for this boom stick is a one piece base and better glass!
    This Space For Rent