Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default LTCF York Experience: Fast, No Hassles

Not much to say (which is the way it should be). Fast and no hassles. Mailed the app in on Friday...got a call early today (Tuesday morning) that it was ready to be picked up. I had the LTCF in my hands by 11am. I was 10 minutes tops in the sheriff's office. It took me longer to find parking in York.

It's just about 1 year ago (June 18th) that I escaped the PRNJ for the USofPA, so this is a nice 1st anniversary gift to myself.
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

(York County)

Default Re: LTCF York Experience: Fast, No Hassles

My LTCF experience was great. My wife and I went into the courthouse to drop of our aplications at the same time. The deputy at the counter asked if I was in a hurry. I said no, he told me to have a seat.

They processed the application while I waited, about 20 minutes (PICS took about 15). We left with our LTCF in hand!

-Les Sr

(York County)

The York County Sheriff's office is almost always really good in expediting the whole LTCF process. I wish more counties could be like York, regarding the wait time of LTCF's.

Also, as far as parking, if you look around in a 2 block radius of the courthouse, its pretty easy to find free parking. Especially if you look two blocks north of the courthouse off of george street (hint hint). I never park at a meter and i never park in the parking garage when i go to the courthouse.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by rev214 View Post
    Not much to say (which is the way it should be). Fast and no hassles. Mailed the app in on Friday...got a call early today (Tuesday morning) that it was ready to be picked up. I had the LTCF in my hands by 11am. I was 10 minutes tops in the sheriff's office. It took me longer to find parking in York.

It's just about 1 year ago (June 18th) that I escaped the PRNJ for the USofPA, so this is a nice 1st anniversary gift to myself.

It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by LesSr79 View Post
    My LTCF experience was great. My wife and I went into the courthouse to drop of our aplications at the same time. The deputy at the counter asked if I was in a hurry. I said no, he told me to have a seat.

They processed the application while I waited, about 20 minutes (PICS took about 15). We left with our LTCF in hand!

-Les Sr

This sounds exactly like the experience Mrs Curmudgeon and I had. Not only quick, but very friendly as well.

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    This sounds exactly like the experience Mrs Curmudgeon and I had. Not only quick, but very friendly as well.

As it should be in every county.

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: LTCF York Experience: Fast, No Hassles

Just picked up my LTCF yesterday. It took me longer to find a parking space than it did to get my LTCF. I printed my app at home filled it out, headed down to the sheriffs office and handed it to the guy at the permit desk. He said do you have a couple of minutes, I will run it for you right now! It took only about 10 minutes to have my permit in my hand. Now that is service. Far different from what I had to go through when I got my first permit from Dauphin County about 10 years ago. I guess we are headed in the right direction.

(York County)

Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by LesSr79 View Post

-Les Sr
    Ain't it sweet. what are they charging now? Mine will expire next July just wondering, it was 19.00 when i last got mine.

(York County)

Still $19 AFAIK. The only thing that took me awhile was getting into the courthouse. I didn't know they even ban cell phones from there and had to walk several blocks back to the car before going in.

(York County)

The fee is $25, i got mine in August and it took about 10 minutes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast