Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Stab Proof knife

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526590,00.html

The first "anti-stab" knife is set to hit store shelves in the U.K., designed to work as normal in the kitchen but ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone.

It was invented by industrial designer John Cornock, who was inspired by a documentary in which doctors advocated banning traditional knives.

Cornock, 42, from Swindon. England, said that the knife will cut vegetables, but will make it almost impossible to stab someone to death and will reduce the risk of accidental injuries.

"It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound," he said. "Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone."
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: Stab Proof knife

I guess they forget that whole concept of slitting a throat or just slicing someone up with the sharpened cutting edge. I've said it before and will say it again. One day England is going to end up banning shoe laces because you can strangle someone with them.

(Montgomery County)

I'm not seeing what is new here. We've had knives and even scissors with rounded tips for many years.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Greene County)

Only in Brittan...
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams

This is just another reason why we need an assault knife ban in the USA!

(Adams County)

And here's a model showing off the new forks:

camper
    (hope that worked)
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Elk County)

I know most people here are going to think the whole idea is ridiculous, but I am going to state the obvious.

1. If someone is robbing your house, they are likely to bring their own weapons.
    2. If someone is robbing your house and they need a weapon, they can still cut you with this.
    3. If someone is robbing your house and they need a weapon, a blunt object like a baseball bat would be just as bad.
    4. Fake safety through complacency. (I have a no trespassing sign, so I don't lock my doors; I have a stab proof knife, no one can use it to harm me).

If you are sitting at home and worried that someone will stab you with your own kitchen knife, I recommend you get a bigger personal knife. Seeing how any person with a preschool education or higher knows how to make a stabbing device I am pretty sure criminals will still get there hands on sharp objects.

/rant

Rumor has it that New Jersey will soon ban all sharp sticks. Anyone found with a sharp stick on their property will be fined and/or imprisoned.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    Rumor has it that New Jersey will soon ban all sharp sticks. Anyone found with a sharp stick on their property will be fined and/or imprisoned.
    You take away sticks, then the guys in Asbury Park won't have any sticks to throw, and then they won't get any dates.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    latest update is new jersey has come up with a new knife it is supposed to be safer than any knife out there

oh wait NEWSFLASH these are now being recalled due to the fact that they can still be use to inflict blunt force trauma.

what a vicious cycle. what they dont realise is that people will use whatever they find to kill/harm another person. doesnt mater about laws/rules or anything else if someone want to kill you there are endless ways of doing it. you could be choked out with a swimming pool noodle if someone wanted to kill you badly enough.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast