Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Lancaster's LTCF up !

Here is the article and discussion about it.

http://talkback.lancasteronline.com/...0&st=0&start=0
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Lancaster's LTCF up !

There were two articals in this Sundays paper, the one you linked to and one about the ammo shortage.
    If you go to the papers talkback section and read the comments you will see the mind set of Lancaster County.
    Both storys only took about two post till the antis were out in full force, calling anyone who buys ammo a redneck and compairs them to Tim McVaie.
    The LTCF story went straight to people carry guns to feel tough.
    Just say gun in Lancaster County and the libs. fall all over themselves to make all the anti reteract heard.

(Allegheny County)

well my bible says that if i put my trust in god no evil will befall me.remeber the ol' bumper sticker " god said it, i believe it, that settles it"?
    now i surely don't begrudge anyone for not believing the word of god, that's fer sure.
    but i do and so i don't need a gun just in case. it's kinda funny how many bible believers out there don't really believe the bible.
    at least literally.LOL
    meditate on these truths while at church.

Wow.. I guess his copy was missing a few chapters. Ecclesiastes, Job, Revelation, to name a few. I find his surplus of faith disturbing. (hoo-pah)

(Lancaster County)

One person is trying to get it through to them on that link.

People are blah

(York County)

There was one gentleman who picked his up before me and before I was out the door, another gentleman came in to retrieve his. 3 LCTF's in a 20 minute period!

(York County)

It usually takes 1½ to two weeks for an applicant to get approval, but because of a backlog of requests for background checks, the wait had gotten as long as five weeks, he said.

There are a number of criminal convictions that prohibit a person from owning a firearm, but Reese said the percentage of local applicants who are denied a concealed weapon permit is actually quite small.

About 22,000 county residents currently possess a concealed weapon permit, he said.

And although that total may strike the general public as "kind of scary," Reese said, it's somewhat misleading.

He said most of those people don't carry guns, and may not even own one. For some, Reese said, applying for a permit is a way to exercise their rights.
    as for the timeline:
    If there is such a "backlog or requests" Why is it that York County can do them in 10 minutes? What a Joke! Doesn't This guy think Lancaster Countians read any other sources of information such as this site? Someone over there should call him out publicly on that!

Number of denials quite small:
    Yeah because people who know they are prohibited but want to carry will do it anyway without a LTCF. Why would they apply knowing they are prohibited? If they tell the truth they never get to the background check, & if they lie they get busted for lying on the form after the check comes up with a prohibitive factor.

# of LTCFs:
    22,000 LTCFs issued. Total population of Lancaster is 56348. Population of Lancaster over 21 is 37,232. Number of those who are prohibited unknown. Take away the amish & the prohibited &...Sounds like Lancaster is getting close to 100% of those who can carry having a LTCF! Good for them!

Kind of scary:
    Only to the criminals!

Most don't carry:
    Unfortunately this is true... most don't carry everywhere, many only have it to make trips to the range easier or to have the freedom to carry if they ever want to. But don't tell the criminals that dumbass! As long as people are responsible & know their sidearms & how/when to use them, I wish everyone would carry everywhere & all the time.

May not even own one:
    I know at least a dozen families who live in Lancaster & I can only think of one Lancaster County resident family I know who doesn't have a gun... & even they might have one, I just assume they don't but never asked or got on the subject in conversation...I think the man may have hunted in his youth so even they may have an old rifle in the house. I also know one other family that doesn't have any in their house, but that guy has guns... they are just kept at his parent's since his wife doesn't want them in their place. (Wuss) Also he asked me for a LTCF application & I gave him one but his wife wouldn't let him fill it out. (Double Wuss) Well I guess Lancaster will never hit 100% LTCF (factoring out Amish, prohibited & underage) as long as he's living there LOL.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Elk County)

When I got my permit in middle April I could hear the lady behind the desk calling people, letting them know their application was approved. She was on the phone the whole time I was there. Over the last 6 months I know 3 people (not counting myself) who have gotten their LTCF and 1 more working on it right now. Can't find ammo (even .22LR) right now, and our local gun shop has parking issues some days. Every able bodied person in Elk county has a LTCF and some sort of firearm from the looks of it.