Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default going to try on my own while watching a vid on 91/30 bolt takedown

jsut bought a mosin 91/30 and since my gun toting bf wont wake up to help me im gonna try to do it myself so i know how to get it apart to clean it so wish me luck *crosses fingers*
    ZRT (Head of Human Reproduction Dept.) sector 7

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: going to try on my own while watching a vid on 91/30 bolt takedown

Have you checked out this site yet?http://www.7.62x54r.net/

It is very informative about all kinds of Mosins. There is a bolt takedown/disassembly procedure on there that I followed the first time I did it (and the second time, too). Here is a link to that page.

http://www.7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinDisassembly.htm

Pay attention to the firing pin protrusion when you re-assemble it. That's what the square notches on the assembly tool are for.

There is also a forum, if you need to ask a question of experts.

I'm sure you'll be able to do it w/out your bf. You'll feel good when you take it apart and put it back together on your own.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Have you checked out this site yet?http://www.7.62x54r.net/

It is very informative about all kinds of Mosins. There is a bolt takedown/disassembly procedure on there that I followed the first time I did it (and the second time, too). Here is a link to that page.

http://www.7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinDisassembly.htm

Pay attention to the firing pin protrusion when you re-assemble it. That's what the square notches on the assembly tool are for.

There is also a forum, if you need to ask a question of experts.

I'm sure you'll be able to do it w/out your bf. You'll feel good when you take it apart and put it back together on your own.
    thanks for the info i will look at that as well i was watching a video on you tube a couple times but i have done anything to the gun yet i just not to sure of it yet because this is the first time i ever took a gun apart so i dont want to screw it up on my first try

(Berks County)

It's really not that bad. I did it with no manual. Took me a while but went fine. Good luck

(Philadelphia County)

so far i got it apart yay now im having alil trouble guding the firing pin back in the bolt and success i got that done and now i cant seem to get the last two pieces back together
    Last edited by spyro825; June 14th, 2009 at 12:38 AM.

(York County)

Congrats. Now don't be surprised when cosmo leaks outr of it for awhile, perticularly when shooting on hot days. That is unless you did a better job cleaning your than I did with mine.
    3%

Quote Originally Posted by spyro825 View Post
    so far i got it apart yay now im having alil trouble guding the firing pin back in the bolt and success i got that done and now i cant seem to get the last two pieces back together
    The bolt connector (002, see image below) must align with the cocking piece (006), and the bolt head (001) has a stud that aligns with a raceway cut in the bolt body (005).

Check these out, if you're still stuck, post here or PM me.

-
    -
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Congrats. Now don't be surprised when cosmo leaks outr of it for awhile, perticularly when shooting on hot days. That is unless you did a better job cleaning your than I did with mine.
    i didnt clean it when i took it apart because there was no cosmo in it

(Philadelphia County)

[QUOTE=PA Rifleman;774329]The bolt connector (002, see image below) must align with the cocking piece (006), and the bolt head (001) has a stud that aligns with a raceway cut in the bolt body (005).

Check these out, if you're still stuck, post here or PM me.

-
    -
    [/QUOTe

still was stuck on it but the bf woke up and showed me and he finished it but i did one thing wrong which i got yelled at for and for even wanting to take it apart. the only thing i did wrong with it is i didnt use the tool to measure the firing pin to see how far it sticks out which i got yelled at for to so he had to take it apart again to fix that and take a bullet apart to dry test it. i told him well you should have been awake when i wanted to do it and first off i shouldnt have to ask to play with my toy but ty rifleman