Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ammunition Shortage

(Centre County)

Default Re: Ammunition Shortage

no shocker there...

Edit: I feel the need to go hug my Dillon XL650...
    Last edited by Agent Ronin; May 21st, 2007 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Berks County)

Horray for Prvi Partisan!
    Last edited by Kenshin; May 21st, 2007 at 11:20 AM.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

I Combine this to the price of beef is high because there was once case of Mad cow disease. That happened 5 years ago… The us put a ban on Canadian beef 25 years ago.

The price of gas is up because of the Arab occupied territories… But we don’t buy oil from these Arab countries.

Last week I heard that Wal-Mart had no .38 and no .357 because it was shipped to the “Soldiers” I would love to see the modifications on the rifles to shoot .38. I could see if they said 9mm and .45, but there was plenty of that, the price was just high as hell!

All it really is in my humble opinion is that if they create a shortage, people will pay more for it. What i heard from people who went there so far was that the average soldier shoots from 250 to 500 rounds there, Heck, I know people who shoot that in a weekend at the range!!!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Like it was said before, I love my Dillon 550 and the shooters who leave their brass on the ground at the range.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    Like it was said before, I love my Dillon 550 and the shooters who leave their brass on the ground at the range.
    that's funny, i frequent the local ranges to police up brass to recycle...scraps up!!
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    that's funny, i frequent the local ranges to police up brass to recycle...scraps up!!

Ronin and i have nearly 10,000 9mm, 40 SW, and 45 ACP cases that weve picked up from the Scotia range. Some of it is ours(only the .40) but we nearly have a 5 gallon bucket full of 9mm brass. And until recently neither of us had a 9mm. Just gonna have to get me a .45 and then i can use it.

Those people out there who just go and burn money on the ammo and then leave the brass sit are fine by me.

Its suprising cause most of the time the people dont care about their brass. Especially those who own glocks... And usually there using the wincester white box.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Berks County)

I recently started loading 9mm....just a hair cheaper than store bought...and a lot more accurate than WWB.

Can't believe 9mm is now economical to reload.

If you are policing up brass at ranges...it is worth more as once fired brass than as scrap...post an ad in the sell forum...and look at how quick mjd932 sold almost all the brass he had for sale.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Monroe County)

I posted here Month's ago that this was coming and it's only going to get worse. We are starting to see a shortage in Brass and Primer's now also.

The problem came from DHS Contracts not Military contracts.

ATK owns the Lake City Plant as well as ALL of Federal. They also own CCI and SPEER.

The Military had The Lake City Plant at MAX Production 2 years ago.

Back in January of this year, ATK got a 90 million $$ contract for DHS ammo. The Federal Plants were already fighting to help cover the Lake City shortages so they didn't have the ability to cover the DHS contract.

At this time the CCI and Speer plants are running full bore on the DHS contract and ATK had to contract with Remington and Mag Tech for BRASS which has taxed both of those lines.

So now the reguler shifts are running DHS contract ammo and the overtime shifts are running a DRIPPING Supply for civilian use.

ATK has contract SET prices for DHS, so ALL involved companies are passing on the OT prices to the civilian market based on a VERY low supply.

The Calibers involved are 38special, 357 mag, 9mm, 40 S&W, 45ACP, 223, and 308win.

Just an FYI to reloaders. Our order for Federal Primers went in on Friday. Federal says to expect it JUNE of 2008. So far there is still a steady supply in the pipeline of MOST Fed. Primers but when the lines go DRY! The first to go will be 215M as some warehouses are empty already.

Rich W.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Ronin and i have nearly 10,000 9mm, 40 SW, and 45 ACP cases that weve picked up from the Scotia range. Some of it is ours(only the .40) but we nearly have a 5 gallon bucket full of 9mm brass. And until recently neither of us had a 9mm. ...
    You don't wanna reload any of my 9mm brass. My fluted chambers really beat the shit out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast