Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Berks area range that isn't constantly closed?

I like the range I belong to, but almost every weekend it's closed for some event (class, competition, etc), which makes it very difficult to just go and have a relaxing day at the range. Can anyone recommend a range around here that is less like this and more open on the weekends for casual shooting?

Default Re: Berks area range that isn't constantly closed?

Tulpehocken Rifle & Pistol Club in Pine Grove, Schuylkill Co. has 2 range facilities.
    All of the "events" are at one place(Bergers Rd. Range), the other(Molleystown Range) is "open" all of the time. They are about 8 Miles apart.

Here's a link to our website;

http://tulrpc.com/default.aspx

Bergers Rd. Range is about 2 1/2 mi. East of Pine Grove off of Rt 443.
    Molleystown Rd. Range is 5 mi. North of Pine Grove off of Rt 125, (2 mi West of the Ravine exit on I81), on Molleystown Rd.
    Not that far from Berks Co.

P.S. Mapquest says 26 Mi. from "Hoover Motors" in Wernersville to the light in Pine Grove, 40 min.
    Last edited by GUNGUY45; June 11th, 2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: added "ps"
    NEVER TRUST A PRIVATE WITH A LOADED WEAPON OR AN OFFICER WITH A MAP

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNGUY45 View Post
    Tulpehocken Rifle & Pistol Club in Pine Grove, Schuylkill Co. has 2 range facilities.
    All of the "events" are at one place(Bergers Rd. Range), the other(Molleystown Range) is "open" all of the time. They are about 8 Miles apart.

Here's a link to our website;

http://tulrpc.com/default.aspx

Bergers Rd. Range is about 2 1/2 mi. East of Pine Grove off of Rt 443.
    Molleystown Rd. Range is 5 mi. North of Pine Grove off of Rt 125, (2 mi West of the Ravine exit on I81), on Molleystown Rd.
    Not that far from Berks Co.

P.S. Mapquest says 26 Mi. from "Hoover Motors" in Wernersville to the light in Pine Grove, 40 min.
    Thanks for the info. Does the range have an area to work on shooting and moving type drills, working on drawing from the holster and firing, etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    Thanks for the info. Does the range have an area to work on shooting and moving type drills, working on drawing from the holster and firing, etc etc?
    Dave,
    You could practice shoot & move, and holster drills on any of the ranges, as long as you are being safe, not interfering with other shooters, and that your rounds are hitting the designated backstops.
    If you'd like to take a look around I'd be glad to meet you & show you the place, but this weekend is out, I'm busy.

The Molleystown ranges are pretty primitive, as we are trying to raise money to develop the property.
    There is an approx. 35 yd range, and an approx. 240 yd range there now.
    There are benches there, but currently no target frames, it's a bring your own proposition.
    We do allow steel targets, as long as they are set close to the backstops.
    At the Bergers Rd. range we have a 100/200 yd rifle range, a 25 yd "bullseye" PISTOL Range, and a 25 yd(max) steel PISTOL range. NO RIFLE Caliber arms on the pistol ranges.

Pete
    TRPC Membership Sec.
    NEVER TRUST A PRIVATE WITH A LOADED WEAPON OR AN OFFICER WITH A MAP

(Berks County)

Check out Perry Township or Leesport Gun Clubs. They're close. Leesport isn't a great facility it needs to be updated badly but they don't have the funds.

Perry Township Rod & gun is a nice place, I'm there usually once a week in the summer. Covered benches etc. It's an NRA certified range and they have a clay thrower over at the trap area.

No meeteing to join, just pick up a card on one of the shooting benches, fill it out and drop it in the mail slot.
    The truth may be out there but the lies are inside your head -Terry Pratchett

(Lancaster County)

I just joined Neversink in Mount Penn area, but i havent shot there yet. There place isnt too bad but its close to home for me so it will work. My good friend goes over to Mohton , sorry cant spell, gun and rod and there place is really nice. Its got a covered pistol range, but there is no room to practice move and shoot. They also have a 100 yd range there. Those are the only 2 that i have been to, but thought i would throw my 2 cents in

(Berks County)

Dave,

Check out MASA (Muhlenberg Area Shooter's Assoc.). It's dirt cheap & located right off of rt 61 by Mt. Ed & Lowes. It is NOT crowded at all on the weekends & is a really nice place to go. I've been there the past two Sundays and was all alone for the 2+ hours I was there! You don't have to be a Muhlenberg resident to join....

(Berks County)

Topton Fish & Game has nice ranges, multiple pistol ranges.....unless that is the one you were eluding to having competitions every weekend

(Chester County)

Default Berks area range- Hunt Club- No Auto Firearms.

New Members Welcome @
    South Birdsboro Archery, Rod and Gun Club. 470 Geigertown Road, Douglassville, Pa. 19518. Club Meetings 3th thrusday of the month @ 7:00 PM. Open to new members, Join Now. $22 a year. Covered firing points. Rifle 100 to 300yds., Pistol 50/25yds, Archery range. Fishing Pond. Indoor Archery Range. Hunting Type Firearms Only.
    Last edited by 243winxb; September 14th, 2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Hunt Club- No Auto Firearms Only Hunting Types Allowed.