Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Looking for a Range near Southern Berks Co.

As the top line says, I'm back at my parents home for the summer and in need of a good range near by. (Morgantown Area) I already know of the French Creek Game Commission range but would rather find something a little nicer.

Help me consume ammo this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Looking for a Range near Southern Berks Co.

I live right outside of Morgantown (Glenmoore) and have been going to Targetmaster. It's a bit of a haul though, so I'm going to check out French Creek Outfitters and see what their range is like. There's a range up on Perkiomin Ave in Exeter, but I heard it's pretty bad (bad lighting and filtration). Other than those three, I don't know of any others public ranges.

(Lancaster County)

I have been shooting at the game comission range and find it a pretty nice range for free. granted it doesn't have anything further than 100 yards, it serves it's purpose and does so pretty safely and cost effectivly(it's only 30 mins from my house and it's free)!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Berks County)

I've been to all three ranges. Gun Gallery, French Creek Outfitters, and French Creek State Range. I've always had good times and met alot of nice people.
    The only complaint I have is for French Creek State Range. Some a-holes insist on shooting the posts holding up the backstops until they fall over.
    If any of you are doing this, and you know who you are......thanks alot....
    The funding from that comes from our hunting license. So those of us who enjoy shooting at this range, we'll have these losers to thank when they close it down. But other than that, I enjoy all three places.
    John

(Lancaster County)

Yea I have a lot of fun shooting at the french creek state games range. The only thing I dont like is alot of people get a little ripe when you are trying to sight in a rifle and every few minutes you ask for them to clear the range. I have a few new guns and I prefer to go there during the day on weekdays to shoot cuz last time we were there no one but me and my friend were there and we had the whole range to ourselves. It was nice. Other than that I have no complaints...Except for the idiots who were shooting live rounds as targets the last time we were there....Morons!

(Berks County)

As close as I live to it, I've never shot at the French Creek state range. Do they have a pistol range there too, or is it just for long guns?

(Lancaster County)

How far is it for you to Manheim vs French Creek? if close enough to you try Manheim Sportsmans Association
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Berks County)

Not sure if you're asking me or the original poster, but for either of us it's just a matter of minutes French Creek park as opposed to about an hour to Manheim.

(Lancaster County)

French creek state game also has a pistol range and it isn't as bad as people say it is. I have been shooting there lately and honestly if you are just going out to have some fun with your friends and learn a little about shooting it is a great place to shoot, except during the weekends it does get crowded, but not overly crowded.