Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Encountered my first idiot

I was OC this afternoon & just never bothered to cover after the wife got home (she has OCed herself at a PAFOA meet & greet but she still isn't comfortable with OC when we are out & about on our own.)

So the wife & I go for our normal evening walk tonight & I can't believe she hasn't asked me to cover, but I didn't say anything about it.

We live in a nice neighborhood, but there is one house about a half mile from us that we refer to as the ghetto due to the residents who live there.
    As we walk past that house, two wannabe ganstas are sitting on lawn chairs in the driveway & they are eyeing me up as we pass. (we are across the street from them & they are on my strong side)

We get two properties down the road (single homes with yard all around the houses) & one yells Hey....I ignore it but it's followed shortly by a louder... HEY YOU!

I turn & he yells "Is you a cop?"

I turn back around & continue walking. He then yells, "You can't show it unless you is a cop!"

My wife asks, "What did he say?" I told her & she says, "Are you OCing!?"

Me: Yes, have been all day.

Wife: Well cover it up!

Me: You didn't even notice

Wife: no, but that little hoodlum did!

Me: Yeah the ones who are up to something they shouldn't be are usually the only ones who do notice. (not said but thought to self ~ They have a guilty conscience so they are always looking out for cops or others who could put a damper on their day I guess.)

Wife: blah blah cover it up blah blah now they know blah blah they're gonna shoot ya blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda...

Me:

So anyway I have to hear about this crap the rest of the walk & she wants me to cover & I say what for they already know it's there & plus that will make it seem like I think I'm doing something wrong which I'm not. Then she wanted to avoid walking past again etc etc.

I obliged her by going a different way but this neighborhood snakes all around & she took a street that would take us right past them again, & I didn't say anything LOL.

So when we went past on the way home, just one was sitting out & he yells across the street:

Thuglet: Yo You got a badge to go wit dat?

Me: Don't need one.

Thuglet: You can't show it unless you got a badge... You got a permit for dat? Even if you do you gots to keep it concealed!

Me: In the state of Pennsylvania it is legal to open carry.

Thuglet: No it ain't! You gots a permit?

Me: I don't need one in PA to Open carry

Thuglet: You can't carry dat witout a permit & even then you can't let it show!

Me: Are you a lawyer?

Thuglet: What!?

Wife: pulls on hand she is holding & says under her breath, just let it go & c'mon.

Thuglet: I'll be callin da cops on you then sir!

Me: OK You do that then.

Thuglet: I'm callin da cops & I know where you live!

Me: That's fine. Smile & wave.

During the entire exchange my wife & I continued to walk as normal... then we stopped two houses away to pet the dogs as usual, and then we meandered the rest of the way home without incident.

Wife: He ain't gonna call the cops... you were right, he was just afraid you were a cop... Now will you please cover that thing up!
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Encountered my first idiot

LOL, "Thuglet" ROTFLMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    Wife: He ain't gonna call the cops... you were right, he was just afraid you were a cop... Now will you please cover that thing up!
    You have to tell her, if this one gets covered, the other one is coming out.

(Lehigh County)

People like that are the reason that I like my dog a whole lot better than I like people. (Referring to the thuglet not the wife)

SIGH.........I wish I had a dog.
    Last edited by xxthe_beastxx; June 10th, 2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Added the stuff in ()
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you. -Andrew Wilkow

I was OC this afternoon & just never bothered to cover after the wife got home (she has OCed herself at a PAFOA meet & greet but she still isn't comfortable with OC when we are out & about on our own.)

So the wife & I go for our normal evening walk tonight & I can't believe she hasn't asked me to cover, but I didn't say anything about it.

We live in a nice neighborhood, but there is one house about a half mile from us that we refer to as the ghetto due to the residents who live there.
    As we walk past that house, two wannabe ganstas are sitting on lawn chairs in the driveway & they are eyeing me up as we pass. (we are across the street from them & they are on my strong side)

We get two properties down the road (single homes with yard all around the houses) & one yells Hey....I ignore it but it's followed shortly by a louder... HEY YOU!

I turn back around & continue walking. He then yells, "You can't show it unless you is a cop!"

My wife asks, "What did he say?" I told her & she says, "Are you OCing!?"

Me: Yes, have been all day.

Wife: Well cover it up!

Me: You didn't even notice

Wife: no, but that little hoodlum did!

Me: Yeah the ones who are up to something they shouldn't be are usually the only ones who do notice. (not said but thought to self ~ They have a guilty conscience so they are always looking out for cops or others who could put a damper on their day I guess.)

Wife: blah blah cover it up blah blah now they know blah blah they're gonna shoot ya blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda...

Me:

So anyway I have to hear about this crap the rest of the walk & she wants me to cover & I say what for they already know it's there & plus that will make it seem like I think I'm doing something wrong which I'm not. Then she wanted to avoid walking past again etc etc.

I obliged her by going a different way but this neighborhood snakes all around & she took a street that would take us right past them again, & I didn't say anything LOL.

So when we went past on the way home, just one was sitting out & he yells across the street:

Thuglet: Yo You got a badge to go wit dat?

Me: Don't need one.

Thuglet: You can't show it unless you got a badge... You got a permit for dat? Even if you do you gots to keep it concealed!

Me: In the state of Pennsylvania it is legal to open carry.

Thuglet: No it ain't! You gots a permit?

Me: I don't need one in PA to Open carry

Thuglet: You can't carry dat witout a permit & even then you can't let it show!

Wife: pulls on hand she is holding & says under her breath, just let it go & c'mon.

During the entire exchange my wife & I continued to walk as normal... then we stopped two houses away to pet the dogs as usual, and then we meandered the rest of the way home without incident.

Good Job, Your wife didn't come across like that at the Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by xxthe_beastxx View Post
    People like that are the reason that I like my dog a whole lot better than I like people. (Referring to the thuglet not the wife)

SIGH.........I wish I had a dog.
    You want 2?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Good Job, Your wife didn't come across like that at the Lunch.
    She was fine in the group scenerio, but she doesn't like confrontation.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

York City Pharmaceutical District, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

Only 1 house? You're missing out, really.

As we walk past that house, two wannabe ganstas are sitting on lawn chairs
    Chris you are lucky. They usually use MY front porch.

I get that, and I also get "hey, you on duty or something?"

Her concern is obviously genuine, but the reality is these pinheads are not going to mess with someone that probably knows how to use a gun better than them. I say "probably" because that's what goes through their mind.

That's funny and I don't care who you are

Classic! I'd pay to see that!

You could have called the police also, but then you would have to wait around for about a half-hour and probably miss your dinner.

Well it looks like you are going to have to OC from now on, or they will think you are unarmed.

Keep it up, and stay safe. You aren't lucky enough to live across from a shotspotter so try to keep it together over there.

(Schuylkill County)

It was the same in NC, only the hoodles ever cared about OC. BTW LOL @ thuglet.

You got through life this far and that's your first idiot? Your getting off easy my friend. I'm just glad to see, if someone is going to get the easy way out, it's someone I can like instead of someone who doesn't deserve a break.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast