Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Idaho "sniper" shooting

Not sure if anyone saw this or not, so here goes.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274013,00.html

Crazy part is I used to live next to Moscow, ID. It is a small college town right on the ID/WA border.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Idaho "sniper" shooting

nope didnt hear about this, wtf 75 shots! wth goes through peoples minds that could just want to go out and kill poeple I'll never understand.

(Philadelphia County)

Not only was he a "sniper", but I read he had an "assault rifle" too! Thank God our media doesn't use incorrect catch phrases to get our attention!!!!
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Allegheny County)

maybe it was also a machine gun in .50 cal? god how i hate the media.

(Snyder County)

Guess it's a good thing we don't have windows in our comm center.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson

(Centre County)

Is it still in the bunker basement that I seem to remember it being in? I know Centre's is like fort knox to get into
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had caught on the assault rifle too, but at least they werent' assault casings.

Why is it that they are always snipers? Why not just a crazy man with a vendetta? Why can't they use something a little softer? A sniper is someone who hunts little birds.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

Okay, you guys have no idea how bad this pisses me off to no end.

A sniper sprayed dozens of bullets on a courthouse, killing a police officer and wounding a sheriff's deputy and a civilian, then apparently killed a caretaker and himself Sunday in a nearby church, police said.

THIS IS NOT A SNIPER. THIS IS SOME SENSELESS ANIMAL THAT DOES NOT DESERVE TO HAVE EVEN BREATHED LIFE. AGAIN, NOT A SNIPER.

Master Sergeant Gordon's sniper team provided precision fires from the lead helicopter during an assault and at two helicopter crash sites, while subjected to intense automatic weapons and rocket propelled grenade fires. When Master Sergeant Gordon learned that ground forces were not immediately available to secure the second crash site, he and another sniper unhesitatingly volunteered to be inserted to protect the four critically wounded personnel, despite being well aware of the growing number of enemy personnel closing in on the site. After his third request to be inserted, Master Sergeant Gordon received permission to perform his volunteer mission. When debris and enemy ground fires at the site caused them to abort the first attempt, Master Sergeant Gordon was inserted one hundred meters south of the crash site. Equipped with only his sniper rifle and a pistol, Master Sergeant Gordon and his fellow sniper, while under intense small arms fire from the enemy, fought their way through a dense maze of shanties and shacks to reach the critically injured crew members. Master Sergeant Gordon immediately pulled the pilot and the other crew members from the aircraft, establishing a perimeter which placed him and his fellow sniper in the most vulnerable position. Master Sergeant Gordon used his long range rifle and side arm to kill an undetermined number of attackers until he depleted his ammunition. Master Sergeant Gordon then went back to the wreckage, recovering some of the crew's weapons and ammunition. Despite the fact that he was critically low on ammunition, he provided some of it to the dazed pilot and then radioed for help. Master Sergeant Gordon continued to travel the perimeter, protecting the downed crew. After his team member was fatally wounded and his own rifle ammunition exhausted, Master Sergeant Gordon returned to the wreckage, recovering a rifle with the last five rounds of ammunition and gave it to the pilot with the words, "good luck." Then, armed only with his pistol, Master Sergeant Gordon continued to fight until he was fatally wounded. His actions saved the pilot's life. Master Sergeant Gordon's extraordinary heroism and devotion to duty were in keeping with the highest standards of military service and reflect great credit upon him, his unit and the United States Army.

This is a sniper. This is a man that has a duty to uphold the law and protect the rights that this dumbass so blindly abuses. This man gave his life in an attempt to save others. This is what a real sniper is.

Are terrorists soldiers? Do we call the guy that just blew up a wal-mart a explosives technician? Do we call people who murder other people on the beach a Marine? No, we do not. Our specialty boys known as snipers deserve the same respect that is given to the rest of the military. Bull like this only degrades them.

I'm sorry. My blood is about boiling writing this. You guys get the idea. I'm out.