Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Rifle Match at Adams Co Handgun this Sunday

I am thinking that this sounds like an interesting match. Can anyone give me a little more information on what to expect? How long will the longer shots be? Are Irons or optics preferred? Can one re-shoot with a different gun? etc.
    Thank you
    Rundownfid

Default Re: Rifle Match at Adams Co Handgun this Sunday

We have a 100 yd rifle range.
    You can shoot what ever rifle you want, as often as you want.

NO FULL AUTO!!!!!!!!

It's just a fun/training type shoot.
    No score keeping, no prizes.

(Bucks County)

I'm running that stage on Sunday. I was supposed to make a post about it earlier today but I got tied up.

Anyway, it'll be a precision rifle stage. Scoped centerfire rifles will shoot from the bench at 100 yards. Rimfires and open sight centerfire rifles will shoot off the bench at 50 yards. Actually, you can shoot whatever you brought from the distance you prefer. You may use sandbags, bipods or anything else you would like to support the rifle to get a steady rest, but all shooting will be from the bench.

A series of numerical targets will be called out which you will have to identify and hit in the order they are called. The actual targets will be around 2" in diameter. You will shoot three shots three times for a total of nine rounds of ammo sent downrange. The stages will not be timed but you are encouraged to engage the targets as quickly as possible. A tiny sub 1" bonus target will be available to break ties or if you're feeling especially good that day.

Targets will be scored for the shooter's information only. This is not an official competition but if shooters want to face off against each other for dinner, beers or whatever after the shoot, you're more than welcome and scores will be available.

Everyone is encouraged to bring whatever they have. I'm sure there will be some pretty slick varmint rigs there, and I'm sure some AR's will show up, but I'd like to see some open sight .22's or lever action .30-30 deer rifles. I know there will be at least one slug gun and one guy is bringing an open sight Mosin M44. I'm planning on bringing a scoped Savage .17 HMR for anyone to try if they'd like.

Shooters may re-shoot the stage with the same or different gun after all shooters have shot the stage once. Depending on turnout, I would think everyone could go through at least twice if they wanted to.

Like fingers said, it's just a fun stage to shoot with no scores compared and no prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    I'm running that stage on Sunday. I was supposed to make a post about it earlier today but I got tied up.

Anyway, it'll be a precision rifle stage. Scoped centerfire rifles will shoot from the bench at 100 yards. Rimfires and open sight centerfire rifles will shoot off the bench at 50 yards. Actually, you can shoot whatever you brought from the distance you prefer. You may use sandbags, bipods or anything else you would like to support the rifle to get a steady rest, but all shooting will be from the bench.

A series of numerical targets will be called out which you will have to identify and hit in the order they are called. The actual targets will be around 2" in diameter. You will shoot three shots three times for a total of nine rounds of ammo sent downrange. The stages will not be timed but you are encouraged to engage the targets as quickly as possible. A tiny sub 1" bonus target will be available to break ties or if you're feeling especially good that day.

Targets will be scored for the shooter's information only. This is not an official competition but if shooters want to face off against each other for dinner, beers or whatever after the shoot, you're more than welcome and scores will be available.

Everyone is encouraged to bring whatever they have. I'm sure there will be some pretty slick varmint rigs there, and I'm sure some AR's will show up, but I'd like to see some open sight .22's or lever action .30-30 deer rifles. I know there will be at least one slug gun and one guy is bringing an open sight Mosin M44. I'm planning on bringing a scoped Savage .17 HMR for anyone to try if they'd like.

Shooters may re-shoot the stage with the same or different gun after all shooters have shot the stage once. Depending on turnout, I would think everyone could go through at least twice if they wanted to.

Like fingers said, it's just a fun stage to shoot with no scores compared and no prizes.
    Ok, I'll bring the Red-Dotted 30-30.!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Ok, I'll bring the Red-Dotted 30-30.!!!
    That will work.

(Bucks County)

Just for clarification, there will also be two pistol stages at the action shoot on Sunday as well as a rifle stage.

There will almost always be two pistol stages at the action shoots.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    Just for clarification, there will also be two pistol stages at the action shoot on Sunday as well as a rifle stage.

There will almost always be two pistol stages at the action shoots.
    Actually there will ALWAYS be two pistol stages, and almost always a long gun stage (depending on available ROs).

From the website:
    Our Action Shoots provide realistic tactical situations which challenge your marksmanship and critical thinking under stress. This shoot is primarily a handgun course. We hope to have either a shotgun or rifle activity set up each time, but long guns are not the primary focus.

What to bring:

$10.00 per person entry fee.
    Eye protection in the form of shooting or safety glasses.
    Hearing protection.
    A legally owned firearm.
    Ammunition - Recommended a minimum of a 100 rounds for your pistol, or if you'd like to also use a shotgun(when available), we recommend 50 rounds of shotgun (7½ shot or smaller), 20 rounds of shotgun slugs (some shotgun stages may be completed with slugs), and/or 50 rounds for your rifle.
    A properly fitted pistol holster.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

Action Shoot starts at Noon Today!!!!!!!

We had a good turn-out today.
    Was the OP there?

If so, I was the one with the .338 WM!!!!!!

(Perry County)

Yes, it was an interesting day of shooting. I especially liked the use of balloons to hold up targets in the shoot house. This was new to me but allowed the targets to fall in a very satisfactory manner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast