Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default One thing California SHOULD lead the way with

A flat tax.

Could the flat tax come to California?

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said today that he would like to see such “radical” proposals come out of a commission now studying an overhaul of the state’s tax system. The governor told the editorial board of the Sacramento Bee that he hoped the commission would not be afraid to propose something like “a 15% straight tax.”

“That’s the kind of radical, daring kind of a proposal that I want to see on the table so we can look at it and say, ‘Oh, let’s study this, maybe that is the way to go,’ ” Schwarzenegger said during the discussion, which was webcast.

The current system, based on highly unstable income tax revenue that fluctuates with the economy, “doesn’t work,” Schwarzenegger said.

Advocates of a flat tax, which applies a single tax rate to all income, say it increases compliance with the tax codes because it is so simple and easy to understand. But opponents dislike that it taxes the wealthy at the same rates as the poor.

Steve Forbes and Jerry Brown both pushed for it during their presidential campaigns.

Schwarzenegger said he was concerned that the commission might be too timid in what it suggests and rule things out in advance thinking that either Democrats or Republicans would object.

“I hope and I pray that they don’t think they have to make a political decision,” he said.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: One thing California SHOULD lead the way with

National flat tax would not solve most of the problems. Including not eliminating the behemoth agency called the IRS.

What we "need", IMO, is the "Fair Tax" (IE: National Sales Tax)

http://www.fairtax.org

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    National flat tax would not solve most of the problems. Including not eliminating the behemoth agency called the IRS.

What we "need", IMO, is the "Fair Tax" (IE: National Sales Tax)

http://www.fairtax.org
    Damn straight. Then we wouldn't be taxed for what we make but what we buy. It'll make saving money a helluva lot easier.

Also I think that if they do go through with the National Sales Tax, they should make life a little easier by posting item prices with the tax already included with the "before tax" price smaller and underneath.

I think it would make buying a lot easier. Instead of seeing something that costs $.99, show the price as (let's say there is a 15% National Sales Tax and a 6% State Sales Tax) $1.20.

That's just my opinion though.

(Armstrong County)

Government is going through with a national sales tax alright. But never the Fair Tax. Their talking about a 19% VAT tax as Europe has done on all goods sold. But they will never disassemble the IRS as long as they can use the tax code for power. Government will never disassemble any part of itself and has been very proficient at consolidating and enlarging itself

The only way the Fair Tax has any chance of being implemented will be and it is sad to say through force by the “People”. Either the ballot box or the bullet box. As long as people can vote themselves claim to someone else’s property and/or money this will never happen.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    Last edited by edstephan; June 7th, 2009 at 11:44 PM.
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Allegheny County)

Taxation no matter what pretty words and names those who think they own us come up with is theft at the point of a gun.

I do not support any of the tax schemes past, present, or future.

All transactions that are moral and ethical are 100% voluntary.

The highwayman gives his customers errr victims the same choice, your money or your life. I use no government services other than roads. Yet I pay for police, fire, school, welfare, medicaid, medicaire, social security, EPA, etc. etc etc... I do not want what you have to offer please let me see more competent and better services in the free market. Of course most "citizens" (see subjects/slaves) think the idea of not paying taxes as unpatriotic... folks we went to war with the KING OF ENGLAND over an effective tax rate of 3% we have been slowly and coercively forced to pay an effective rate between 48 and 72% depending on your bracket.... The downfall of this Constitutional Republic started here in Western PA, actually in the south hills of pittsburgh, when President Washington sent 12,500 armed military men (more than he ever commanded during the war against britain) to quash the tax protestors (the tax on small producers of whiskey was 9% while the large well connected producers paid just 6%) they sent an army.

Taxes are theft put pretty words behind or in front of it if you want to continue to victimize and be victimized. Just know that if you can't, won't or don't pay they will steal all that you have and if you don't cooperate with them stealing your physical assets and real estate they will kill you.

It's time to wake up, and say NO MORE THEFT. I will voluntarily choose my police, fire, etc... I do not consent from being stolen from further, no matter what the means used. We must stand up through non violent civil disobedience and remove our consent. I am sovereign I want SELF government. not a coercive monopoly.
    Voluntary transactions are the only moral kind.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by pitt45GAP View Post
    Taxation no matter what pretty words and names those who think they own us come up with is theft at the point of a gun.

The highwayman gives his customers errr victims the same choice, your money or your life. I use no government services other than roads. Yet I pay for police, fire, school, welfare, medicaid, medicaire, social security, EPA, etc. etc etc... I do not want what you have to offer please let me see more competent and better services in the free market. Of course most "citizens" (see subjects/slaves) think the idea of not paying taxes as unpatriotic... folks we went to war with the KING OF ENGLAND over an effective tax rate of 3% we have been slowly and coercively forced to pay an effective rate between 48 and 72% depending on your bracket.... The downfall of this Constitutional Republic started here in Western PA, actually in the south hills of pittsburgh, when President Washington sent 12,500 armed military men (more than he ever commanded during the war against britain) to quash the tax protestors (the tax on small producers of whiskey was 9% while the large well connected producers paid just 6%) they sent an army.
    Taxes are theft put pretty words behind or in front of it if you want to continue to victimize and be victimized. Just know that if you can't, won't or don't pay they will steal all that you have and if you don't cooperate with them stealing your physical assets and real estate they will kill you.

It's time to wake up, and say NO MORE THEFT. I will voluntarily choose my police, fire, etc... I do not consent from being stolen from further, no matter what the means used. We must stand up through non violent civil disobedience and remove our consent. I am sovereign I want SELF government. not a coercive monopoly.
    The tax protests were pretty widespread. People still ignored it even after the whole Whiskey Rebellion thing in Western PA. The government eventually just gave up on it after a while.

Kinda like Prohibition.

(Allegheny County)

You mean people continued to remove their consent and it went away? - Maybe that should be a lesson to us instead of a footnote.

(Northampton County)

You mean people continued to remove their consent and it went away? - Maybe that should be a lesson to us instead of a footnote.
    Laws have power because the masses abide by them. Without our consent they are simply a piece of paper. Juries can refuse to enforce unjust laws.

If only we could get a large enough segment of the population to be educated we'd probably have a fighting chance.

(Allegheny County)

Join the Free State Project or talk to me about liberty activism you can do here and I will get you some flyers, instructions, and other information.

(Lehigh County)

I understand where you're coming from.. Nobody likes taxes, and we debate on the system, the amount, and the process..

But Without taxes of any kind how do you propose that we pay for.. well... everything...?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast