Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default Thoughts on EAA Handguns?

I'm looking for opinions on the EAA (European American Armory) line of handguns...particularly the Weihrauch Windicator revolver. I am contemplating the purchase of another handgun which will be more easily concealed than my current Taurus 65 .357 4". I am more of a revolver guy than semi-auto and would probably want to stay with a .357. So, I was looking at their Weihrauch Windicator revolver in .357 with a 2" barrel. Has anyone had any experience with EAA products...including this one.

If not, what would others recommend as a good carry revolver for ability to conceal and stopping power?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

(Bucks County)

I am personally fond of the 3" Smith and Wesson model 13. This was the gun issues by the FBI for quite a few years. They really did their homework on this gun for a no nonsense carry piece, IMO. The M13 has a full length ejector rod, meaning that when the ejector rod is depressed, the star moves far enough to eject the cases (where as the M19 only pushed the cases 3/4 or the way and relied on gravity for the rest. Anyone whose ever shot some whomping .357 loads knows that those cases can get sticky. Also the small round but and 3 inch barrel is surprisingly concealable.

My 2¢

(Armstrong County)

I've got a couple Weihrauch airguns. They're both well made, accurate and have been 100% reliable. They're also over 20 years old so I don't know what current Weihrauch quality is like. Also that revolver is suspiciously cheap. IIRC I paid more for my Weihrauch air pistol 20 years ago.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by dmg1969 View Post
    I'm looking for opinions on the EAA (European American Armory) line of handguns...particularly the Weihrauch Windicator revolver. I am contemplating the purchase of another handgun which will be more easily concealed than my current Taurus 65 .357 4". I am more of a revolver guy than semi-auto and would probably want to stay with a .357. So, I was looking at their Weihrauch Windicator revolver in .357 with a 2" barrel. Has anyone had any experience with EAA products...including this one.

If not, what would others recommend as a good carry revolver for ability to conceal and stopping power?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
    Dave,

We HAD a Windicator (Notice the past tense) but traded it in because while it wasn't TOO bad when firing .38 ammo, when loaded with .357, it REALLY tore up my husband's hands. He found it difficult to maintain his grip with it. I found the trigger pull to be too long for somewith with small hands. Our daughter referred to it as "the EVIL gun". (She shoots, but just could not manage this one.) Muzzle "flip" with this one was pretty bad, at least for us. Also, because of its size, NONE of us was able to conceal it worth a fig! (Maybe some 6'5" guy could pull it off, but for us "vertically challenged" types, NO WAY!)

Of course, opinions are like arseholes...everybody's got one
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Perry County)

Thank you all for your responses.

Matt, I know what you mean. I too was surprised at the price of the Windicator. I was looking at EAA because I remember seeing the ads and articles in Handguns magazine years ago and the EAA line (Witness inparticular) were always highly looked upon. I looked them up and was surprised to see that they had revolvers. I was suspect when I saw the price, however.

IceFire, thanks for your input on you own experience. After hearing from several of you, I am now looking at the S&W model 60, 640 or 649 2" .357.

Dave