Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Smile Concealed carry at Harrisburg gunshow

Both my daughter and I have our LTC and we intend to carry while we attend the gunshow June 13th in Harrisburg. We havn't gone to a gunshow since we got our licenses and we don't know what the procedure is. Can we carry while at the show? We don't want to leave our pistols in the car while we are in the show. Do we unload before we enter? If we have to unload, can we carry a loaded magazine? Do they ask if you are carrying and what do they do if you are? Thanks for the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world is and remains immortal.- Albert Pines

(Chester County)

Default Re: Concealed carry at Harrisburg gunshow

If it's anything like the show they had in Oaks this weekend, you can carry either concealed, or open, but you will need to carry unloaded. I don't think they will ask if you have a loaded mag with you if you don't show it. I left my mag in my glove box, locked. They will zip-tie through the barrel of your weapons to insure that it is safe.

(Northampton County)

You unload it at the door & they zip tie it for you.Then you carry the loaded mag in your pocket.This is what I did one time when I was looking to get some work done on my carry gun by the glock man.

(Chester County)

If you are CC you could just say no when they ask if you are carrying. I can't say I like the idea of having a zip tie through my piece in a place with so many guns and ammo so easily accessible to any nut job off the street. Not that there has ever been any issues like that (as far as I know) but, you know...

Just saying, that's all.

If I was planning on fitting a holster, selling, or anything else that would require me to handle the gun inside, that would be a different story. Although that means I would be carrying 2. The one for the holster fit, etc, and the other one to CC.

why do we allow this to happen at a gun show? if this happened any other place there would be protests and law suits

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    why do we allow this to happen at a gun show? if this happened any other place there would be protests and law suits
    because most gun showes are on privet property and their aint nothing we can do about it.

(Montgomery County)

most shows are on public property. at least nearly all I've seen. I never say a word and just walk in f' those commie bastards

(Wayne County)

I can't say I like the idea of having a zip tie through my piece in a place with so many guns and ammo so easily accessible to any nut job off the street.
    Wow! Despite your own practice of carrying a firearm, you just supported every anti-gun argument about gun shows! To most anti-gun folks, you and I BOTH qualify as one of those nut jobs.

Because as responsible gun owners who wish to attend gun shows, we are willing to voluntarily make the concession to ensure that there are no inadvertant or negligent discharges in a high probability environment.

This isn't an infringement of your rights. It's the owner of a private facility inviting you and many other gun owners and venders onto their property to trade in firearms with one condition. If you feel that that condition is unacceptable, you aren't required to enter. By circumventing the safety requirements, you and all the others that lie only increase the probability of an ND in a crowd which increases the insurance for gun shows to a point that no one will offer them any more.

It's all about policing our own ranks.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

interesting point of view

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Wow! Despite your own practice of carrying a firearm, you just supported every anti-gun argument about gun shows! To most anti-gun folks, you and I BOTH qualify as one of those nut jobs.
    I disagree. I'm simply staying in my comfort zone, which is part of the reason we all carry, is it not?

If you feel that that condition is unacceptable, you aren't required to enter. By circumventing the safety requirements, you and all the others that lie only increase the probability of an ND in a crowd which increases the insurance for gun shows to a point that no one will offer them any more.
    How am I increasing the probability of a ND? Did you see the portion of my post about checking the weapon if I plan on handling it inside the show? It's hard to have a ND if the weapon isn't being handled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast