Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Should i buy this? SU22-CA

Well i was at the gun show today and i found a Kel-TEC SU22-CA semi auto 22LR rifle. The price was $295 should i purchase it or not?

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/su22.htm

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Should i buy this? SU22-CA

Skip it and buy a ruger 10/22!
    Semper Fi

(Northumberland County)

I second that. Save yourself some money by getting the 10/22. They used to be around $220 new (base model), but you can get them for less if you're patient. Then you can use your savings to buy all sorts of upgrades for it (anything from triggers to stocks to target barrels etc.).

(Northumberland County)

buy a Stevens model 62 semi-auto .22lr and 4000 rds of ammo for the price of that kel-tec i have a stevens .22lr, i only paid 120.00 for it at walmart .its not as good as a ruger 10/22 . heres a picture of a Stevens (Savage) model 62.
    Last edited by TXDMERC73; June 6th, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

I think the SU-22 is a better buy. It accepts Black Dog Machine mags which also work in AR-15 .22 conversions. Take a look at the aftermarket higher-than-stock-capacity mags for the 10/22 and you'll find the only one that is reliable is the Tactical Innovations TI-25, and they're up to $45 freaking dollars now.

If mag capacity isn't an issue for you then you can't go wrong with the 10/22, but you should already own one!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    I think the SU-22 is a better buy. It accepts Black Dog Machine mags which also work in AR-15 .22 conversions. Take a look at the aftermarket higher-than-stock-capacity mags for the 10/22 and you'll find the only one that is reliable is the Tactical Innovations TI-25, and they're up to $45 freaking dollars now.

If mag capacity isn't an issue for you then you can't go wrong with the 10/22, but you should already own one!

guilty as charged. i do not own a 10/22

(Bucks County)

if you don't mind spending a little more money i would suggest you buy the GSG5 rifle or the new Colt M4 in 22 cal. S&W and SIG are both supposed to be coming out with 22 cal copies of their M&P and 556 rifles in the near future and should be priced in the 500 dollar range +/-. the keltec just doesn't inspire me and looks to goofy and awkward for my taste. if you want to keep costs down buy a ruger 10/22 but be warned there are plenty of accessories for the 10/22 and you can easily have more money invested in 10/22 accessories than you have in the cost of the rifle.

(Allegheny County)

Off the wall suggestion, but if you already have an AR-type rifle, then getting one of the several hi-cap-capable .22LR conversion kits out in the market simply adds to the versatility of a gun you already have.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    if you don't mind spending a little more money i would suggest you buy the GSG5 rifle or the new Colt M4 in 22 cal. S&W and SIG are both supposed to be coming out with 22 cal copies of their M&P and 556 rifles in the near future and should be priced in the 500 dollar range +/-. the keltec just doesn't inspire me and looks to goofy and awkward for my taste. if you want to keep costs down buy a ruger 10/22 but be warned there are plenty of accessories for the 10/22 and you can easily have more money invested in 10/22 accessories than you have in the cost of the rifle.
    There has been such an explosion of .22 knockoffs of military style firearms lately. If I was a kid my head would be spinning.

(Delaware County)

I don't see much point in buying an ugly politically corrected semi-auto right now. . . not in PA anyway.

Black Dog Machine is, or was, working on a 10/22 magazine. They may be available now. There's a handful of shops making rimfire AR-15 uppers; Spike's, CMMG, Tactical Solutions. . .

I just had my folding stock 10/22 and rimfire AR-15 out yesterday, coincidentally.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast