Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Space

(Adams County)

Default My Space

My Space is a great way for you to get more people aware of the PAFOA, so i was thinking if you dont have one, mabe you should create one.... I think its would help?

(Washington County)

Default Re: My Space

Facebook is a similar website mostly used by college kids. Having a 'group' on there might be useful also.

(Lebanon County)

We could probably yield from 1 to 2000 people if it's done trendy, and honestly I was thinking of doing it without any consent, but I have little time.

(Montgomery County)

If none of the staff here wants to take something like that on, I'd be more than happy to try my hand at creating and looking after the official PAFOA Myspace. I have alot of free time on my hands right now due in part to some health problems. I used to be the owner of DefendFreedom.org, but there wasn't enough traffic to the site, and I couldn't afford to keep it running anymore, so I'm sure I could handle a Myspace.
    Last edited by Agent Smith; May 20th, 2007 at 03:33 AM.

Proud member of:

(Luzerne County)

I've been using myspace for years, i'm a stay at home mom so I have free time as well if you guys need any help, let me know.

(Washington County)

Myspace has a use/ I always thought it was a new generation of free website building.. leading to eembedded music, bright busy backgrounds, bright unreadable text... and with no real info anyhow.

I have never been able to figure out how to contact anyone via a myspace page... and feel now that if I have to contact them, and all I have is a MS link.. I dont need to contact them anymore.

(Philadelphia County)

I would probably avoid a myspace page for the organization for a few reasons.

1) We have a website where all centralized data is posted and creating other various websites would simply add more overhead.

2) The public perception of MySpace (even if not true) is that it is mainly for young kids. If a newspaper article was written about the account, which one do you think it would be:

"Firearm rights group leverages the Internet, social networking to promote discussion of the issues."

OR

"GUN NUTS JOIN MYSPACE TO PUSH ASSAULT WEAPONS ON CHILDREN, ALSO KICK PUPPIES."

I'm willing to bet #2 is more likely.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

"GUN NUTS JOIN MYSPACE TO PUSH ASSAULT WEAPONS ON CHILDREN, ALSO KICK PUPPIES."
    Hey, nobody mentioned kicking puppies! How do we get this on MySpace? and where do I sign up?

Just kidding.

Dan,
    You're absolutely correct. What a PR nightmare it could be!

Anyone see the Saturday Night Live sketch with the class on how to set up a MySpace account? All the guys would ask the instructor questions and let things slip that indicate they were surfing for young kids to "hook up" with. Was it funny? Heck yes. Fair representation of MySpace? Maybe not, but it's what the public THINKS!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lebanon County)

I honestly think a move onto myspace would be one of the most important things ever done, and weather you guys like it or not those kids - those stupid kids are going to be here when a lot of us are not, and practically none of them have ever even shot a firearm once.

(Westmoreland County)

Sorry guys, I agree with Dan & EM...MySpace would eat us gun toting nuts up for lunch! LOL...We'd be better off hanging flyers at your local gun stores and rod & gun clubs. Besides, I don't kick puppies! I prefer beating baby seals! LOL

J/K

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast