Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Primers from Cabelas

I ordered 1k large pistol primers from Cabelas on 5/26 and just received them yesterday so they really aren't too far behind on those. Still waiting for the 5k small pistol primers. They are supposed to be in by 6/20. If you order a bunch they only charge you one time for the $20 hazardous materials fee, even if they send it out in five boxes.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Primers from Cabelas

good to know. i found some large rifle primers today and got ripped off ! i had to pay $60 for a thousand. this is getting nuts ! everybody hoarding everything.

Try Kings shooting supply in King of Prussia, Pa. Their web site said they limit amounts and I'm not sure at this time about phone orders, but I always feel I get a good deal there. It doesn't hurt to check them out.

(Perry County)

Never mind.
    Last edited by sleeper78; June 10th, 2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: never mind

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by habuch View Post
    good to know. i found some large rifle primers today and got ripped off ! i had to pay $60 for a thousand. this is getting nuts ! everybody hoarding everything.
    After the great primer shortage is over let's make damn sure we don't forget these people who are ripping us off. I went to a gun show recently and that's what some tables were charging. I understand the whole "what the market will bare" thing but I still don't believe in taking advantage of folks when there down.

I have called Kings...they would not ship.

Jim

Question Re: Primers from Cabelas

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I ordered 1k large pistol primers from Cabelas on 5/26 and just received them yesterday so they really aren't too far behind on those. Still waiting for the 5k small pistol primers. They are supposed to be in by 6/20. If you order a bunch they only charge you one time for the $20 hazardous materials fee, even if they send it out in five boxes.
    BUT DO THEY CHARGE YOU SHIPPING & HANDLING each time they send you an item that has come in that was shorted on you order, if they do, that would suck, if you have three or four items that were shorted on your order, shipping and handling would bring the price up real quick, Let us know how this works with Cabelas, seems I remember ordering from them a few years ago, on some shirts that were on sale, and they told me they were out of two of them, they did get them in and sent them to me, but with three different shippings, and the cost of that, the shirts were no longer a good deal, in fact they weren't a deal at all, so let us know if that has changed, it would be in there interest to do this different, piece meal delivery will put you in the hole real quick.

Regards

tEN wOLVES
    NRA, SASS#69595,NCOWS#3123, RATTS#369,SCORRS

Quote Originally Posted by tEN wOLVES View Post
    BUT DO THEY CHARGE YOU SHIPPING & HANDLING each time they send you an item that has come in that was shorted on you order, if they do, that would suck, if you have three or four items that were shorted on your order, shipping and handling would bring the price up real quick, Let us know how this works with Cabelas, seems I remember ordering from them a few years ago, on some shirts that were on sale, and they told me they were out of two of them, they did get them in and sent them to me, but with three different shippings, and the cost of that, the shirts were no longer a good deal, in fact they weren't a deal at all, so let us know if that has changed, it would be in there interest to do this different, piece meal delivery will put you in the hole real quick.

Regards

tEN wOLVES
    If they charge me for each package, they are going to have one really pissed off customer to deal with on the phone. I didn't ask for each thing to ship seperately I would wait no problem. I'll let you know. In fact I might call before the rest ships to make sure I don't get screwed. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by recoil freak View Post
    After the great primer shortage is over let's make damn sure we don't forget these people who are ripping us off. I went to a gun show recently and that's what some tables were charging. I understand the whole "what the market will bare" thing but I still don't believe in taking advantage of folks when there down.
    Northeast Firearms in Honesdale comes to mind, they were going to charge me $59/1000 for small pistol primers. I told him forget it and he said he could get $69 on the internet. That place can kiss my ass. I bought them down the road for $35. Even buying online and paying shipping is cheaper than that.