Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Post BERSA THUNDER 380(S) INFO

My very 1st time on here, thanks for having me... In .380 ACP I currently own 3... 1 old (new purchase summer 1984) Sig P230 my bride (28 years) totes with her on occasion, and 2 Bersas... I bought the standard 7+1 Thunder in duo-tone in May 06, have 1,500 + rnds. thru it with routine break-in issues, but 100% flawless since the 250 rnd. mark with 6 different jacketed ammos run thru it... Nice carry tool, but a little skinny for my big mits... Found by accident a "380 PLUS" last October, and I'm diggin' it to the max !!! Have upwards of 2,500 rnds thru it, and it's been my carry tool since it raced past the 500 rnd. mark... Steel slide , alloy frame , nice factory rubber grips , and 2 15 round magazines... It's best with Golden Sabre 102 grn. rocks coming out the bussiness end... Not a 2 inch grouper at 7 yards, but all 16 can fit into a 4 inch hole at 21 feet every time I take it out... A 2nd ammo opinion is the Mag Tek "+p" hollow points , a little higher hitting point, but right on the money... No real thing as a "+p" round in .380 ACP, but the lighter nuggets launching out, do get there quicker... Never a mechanical failure with my "PLUS" so I would say this old big-bore fella is really pleased with both of them, especially the PLUS... My previous tools include: LAR GRIZZLY IN .45 WIN-MAG, MULTIPLES OF BIG BORE WHEEL GUNS, LOTS OF 1911 UNITS INCLUDING A 12 YEAR RUN IN IPSC HERE IN THE N/W AND CANADA FROM 1983 - 1996... Thanks for reading my 1st posting... Have a blessed day one & all... Carry , practice and carry with purpose and maturity please... If your tool saves someone from harm, or yourself, the practice payed off... Never let a 10-day-period go by without excersizing your carry tool... Someones's life may need your proficiency... UNCLE MIKE...

(Dauphin County)

Cool Re: BERSA THUNDER 380(S) INFO

Welcome to the board