Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: PA Renaissance Faire carry?

RennFaire?

Don't forget to bring your lightning bolts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ufaBKdY60w
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Lawrence County)

MAGIC MISSILE! MAGIC MISSILE!

Lycanohgeezthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Lawrence County)

It's called LARP, Live Action Role Play... Yes, I've done it, don't ask... But there is no better feeling than beating people with padded swords and then laughing about it later... Though I have gotten hurt doing it... lol

P.S. That lightning bolt crap doesn't fly, you gotta say it 3 times for each one... Yes, there are rules to it...

Ok, Now I feel like a huge nerd... lol

(Delaware County)

OK Chazman, you and I are never hanging out

My experience with RenFaire has been that everybody wants to go and take their swords with 'em. I left my gun in the car and carried a knife and some OC, no problems, no patdowns or metal detectors. All they really bother with is drunks, and drunks they deal with very well.

That said, I was one of those jerks who parked at the swashbuckler pub all day (hey, it was my brother driving anyway and I'd never tasted mead!)

It'd be interesting(though tragic) to watch the aftermath of an SD draw/shoot - as almost everybody, it seems, is armed to some degree, and you couldn't possibly shoot without witnesses/people hearing it. And then EVERYBODY draws their sword... hm.
    --Jordan K
    Nurse Aide, Havertonian, Student, Heavy Lifter

"Proper gun safety starts by being completely unwilling to do stupid sh.t for the lulz." --anonymous, 4chan.org

What about a flintlock, or a blunderbuss? if they're picky, make it a matchlock (example), snaphaunce or wheel-lock. As Spock used to say, "Crude but effective".

(Allegheny County)

Hmmm... Handguns, chain-mail and bards, oh my!

Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court anyone?

My father had a ton of these CLASSICS Illustrated books and when I was a kid, this was one of my favorites!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by silverspoon220 View Post
    humm well from what i know chain mail wont stop bullelts at all only kevlar will. thought i doupt that even kevlar can stop some of these newer round that cut throught it like butter.

The better or rather higher protection body armor relies on plates more than kevlar. Try shooting at 5 inches of steel and see how well a .45 goes through it . Oh warn me first so i'm not around.

(Dauphin County)

Cool Re: PA Renaissance Faire carry?

chain male was designed to protect against blades flying or otherwise. It helped make sure you weren't impaled by spears and such.

Hey turkey hoagie if chaz wants to run around in tights and pointy hats let him. Don't be mean just cause you got your name in a deli.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Dave View Post
    chain male was designed to protect against blades flying or otherwise. It helped make sure you weren't impaled by spears and such.

Hey turkey hoagie if chaz wants to run around in tights and pointy hats let him. Don't be mean just cause you got your name in a deli.
    Actually mail wouldn't do much against thrusts and spear points, it was mostly effect of slashs from the broad edge. Plate armor was introduced to better deal with pointy weapons.

EmptyMag, since when have Connecticutt Yankees been gunslinging cowboys? Regardless the expression on the face of the brown horse on the second book is priceless, I think he just took a lance up the arse.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyhoagie View Post
    OK Chazman, you and I are never hanging out
    Sorry Turkey... But if you knew the story behind it, it would make a lot of sense... lol

I'm a cool guy, ask anyone...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast