Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Training Video:Gun at you and Gun Grabs

I never tried to teach a move over a video so this may be rough, I hope not I've always taught Self Defense hands on. I put this together after the idea popped up at the group shoot. I hope this can help some people out. Let me know how I did, any questions coments or clarifications needed lemme know.

http://themrollers.com/training.html <-- try this to view in IE
    http://themrollers.com/BigTrain.wmv <-- should just open up in your media player
    Last edited by Skuggi; May 19th, 2007 at 02:00 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Training Video:Gun at you and Gun Grabs

note freaking photobucket cuts off videos at 10 minutes. It goes on a little bit longer I'll figure out a better way to host it later, but there is still a lot of stuff on there.

(Allegheny County)

Ok, uploaded it to my server, and adjusted links in first post.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    http://themrollers.com/BigTrain.wmv <-- should just open up in your media player
    Thanks Skuggi, I "right clicked" (Windows users) the link and saved it to my desktop for viewing when I have more time, (file size 126 MB, duration of video 13:51)

(Luzerne County)

pretty cool.

maybe you could do something on knfe fighting?

(Allegheny County)

cool didnt even think about people just saving it for later.

as to knife fighting, if your talking about how to fight with a knife I could. If your talking about knife defense... Well I've proved that anyone who has handled a knife can beat any knife defense so it's very very risky.

(Philadelphia County)

Didn't have time to download your video, but, next time jmateer and i get togeather to do some training, you should try to stop by. we do some comprehensive knife/stick/gun/empty hand training. We can pick apart some techniques.

(Allegheny County)

Defenitley.

I watched some of your video (had to get the fiance) but in the little I saw I noticed one thing: you didn't do anything to stun the guy (striking the face, etc...) before/during the gun grab. You're not too far away from me, so next time Marc and I get together I'll be more than happy to bring you along.

(Allegheny County)

yea that sounds like the plan.

As to not striking, I never teach in self defense extra strikes, I keep focus on the weapon itself it's easier that way. Now if I was working with martial artists, and fighters. I usually throw in, that you can kick the knee. Now with the gun grab, at the end you'll see that I don't put much emphasis on it, but you can see anytime someone goes for a grab, it can be thwarted easily if you know how to throw a punch, and I do when my partner sneaks me at the end, He successfully gets the holster out, but isnt able to get the gun out before his nose would be broke or eyes gouged, or serious dmage to his filtrum. Hence why I didnt put much emphasis on gun grabs. He also is trained by me so the first time I go to throw him and he doesnt want thrown, he sneak moves to the side and locks my ankle lol.

(Lycoming County)

Great video!

I've had one actual gun related robbery in my life, and hope to never be in that scenario again.

The would be gunman had me at a distance of about 10 - 15 feet. I simply complied. I only placed non-valuables on the sidewalk, feeling that he was as scared as I, and most likely would not come close enough to where I could possibly gain the edge.

I was walking down a street at night, the perp walked towards me and passed, once behind he turned and made a comment, all the while I was still walking. When I stopped and turned, I was in light and the perp was in the shade of a tree. Gun trained at me.
    He asked for my wallet, watch and other valuables. I kept my sterling silver full cased pocket watch, my folder Buck knife, and placed .03 in change, my handkerchief, and comb on the sidewalk. He asked a few times if that was all I had and I kindly replied thats all I have. He then ordered me to leave, and that I promptly complied with.

A lot goes on during those few minutes of confrontation.
    1) Tunnel Vision
    2) Time seems to go into slow motion.
    3) Thoughts race through the mind. (should I challenge?) (answer to self, he may be high and shoot anyhow)

At any rate there were no injuries and losses minimal.

With an increase of crime, the latest method of choice for street robbery (in our area) is 2 perps. one in front that does the talking while a second comes from behind and whacks you on the head, then they simply shake you down.
    Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast