Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Rand Paul

(Allegheny County)

Default Rand Paul

Dear Friend,

My son, Rand, has helped me campaign since he was 11. He and his brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews have literally knocked on thousands of doors for me.

At the age of 21, Rand debated Phil Gramm in my US Senate race in my stead. During the Presidential election he traveled to ten states giving speeches for me. He appeared on hundreds of radio programs for me. I am grateful for his contribution and very proud of the thoughtful, principled man Rand has become.

So, it is with great enthusiasm that I endorse my son Rand's venture into electoral politics. Rand has formed an exploratory committee to run for Senate in Kentucky. Sending Rand to Washington would be a tremendous victory for the Freedom Movement.

I hope you will join me in supporting Rand in any way you feel comfortable. You can get more information or make a contribution at www.randpaul2010.com

Rand has also established himself as a significant force in Kentucky politics. For fifteen years he has run Kentucky Taxpayers United, a group that rates the state legislature and promotes the Taxpayer Protection Pledge whereby candidates and office holders take a pledge not to raise taxes.

Like me, Rand is a graduate of Duke Medical School. Rand is an eye surgeon, married for eighteen years, and has three children. In addition to politics, he is the founder of the Southern Kentucky Lions Eye Clinic that provides free care for those in need.

I hope you will visit Rand's website, www.randpaul2010.com, and consider supporting him in any way you can.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul

Default Re: Rand Paul

Before I die, I want to see a Paul in the WhiteHouse.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Before I die, I want to see a Paul in the WhiteHouse.
    That would be great ... as long as it's from Ron's family tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Update: Rand Paul to run for Kentucky Senate

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/...aul/index.html

His son, Rand Paul, announced this week he's set his sights on the Kentucky Senate seat being vacated by retiring Republican Sen. Jim Bunning.

"I'm very worried about our country; I'm worried about the debt. I'm worried about what the debt will lead to," Paul told CNN when asked why he's jumping into the political arena. "Both sides of the aisle -- Republican and Democrat -- have been unwilling and afraid to address the deficit, and someone's got to."

Paul is expected to compete in the Republican primary next year with Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson. The winner will face either state Attorney General Jack Conway or Lt. Gov. Daniel Mongiardo, who are seeking the Democratic nomination.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    Update: Rand Paul to run for Kentucky Senate

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/...aul/index.html
    this is great news..we can use another Ron Paul in Washington. =P
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Chester County)

The timing of this post is ironic... I was just watching a video of him at a friend of mines office from Neil Cavuto's show yesterday! Very well spoken and frank on today's current topics.

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    The timing of this post is ironic... I was just watching a video of him at a friend of mines office from Neil Cavuto's show yesterday! Very well spoken and frank on today's current topics.
    He was also just on Glenn Beck as well. Sounds well grounded.

I think his father wasn't necessarily a dream candidate- in some ways - for POTUS, I would LOVE to have Ron Paul serve on SCOTUS (sort of like a Constitutional Czar, lol )

But Rand might be just right, and certainly a good choice for Senate, from what I have seen so far.