Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 302'd?

Default 302'd?

i kind of know what it is but can anyone have anybody 302'd?
    FJB

(Butler County)

Default Re: 302'd?

thanks borlte. the reason i ask is, my brother in law said he knows someone that was 302'd . the guy worked at factory (no names) and the hadf a lot of lay offs, so the guy was saying to his friend that this sucks, i should just go home and shoot myself etc. within a few days they came to his work and took him away. i find that hard to believe, but i also wanted to know if was legal.
    FJB

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I THINK (IANAL and stress that this is just how I think it works) anyone can report anyone else and if they make enough of a case can have a person brought in for evaluation.. Just being brought in for evaluation is not in and of itself adjudication. They need to find that you are actually unstable in the evaluation.

In a surprising number of cases, your mother would call the cops because you tell her that you're depressed, and she knows you have all of those guns, so....

The lesson here: Never tell mom that you're depressed.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    In a surprising number of cases, your mother would call the cops because you tell her that you're depressed, and she knows you have all of those guns, so....

The lesson here: Never tell mom that you're depressed.
    But would just the claim prevent you from owning a firearm, or do you actually need to be evaluated and found to be disturbed all against your will?

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    But would just the claim prevent you from owning a firearm, or do you actually need to be evaluated and found to be disturbed all against your will?
    I always come into the picture years later, so I know the procedure to get the rights restored, but I'm not 100% sure of the exact sequence that takes them away; but my understanding is that the police or EMT's bring you in, then there's a hearing of some sort, and there are at least 3 levels of scrutiny depending on how long they want to hold you and under which section (302, 303, or 304).

There has to be a finding that you need to be admitted, then that generates a notice to the PSP, who enter it into the computer and that's what gets you declined. Of course, you shouldn't get to that point, if you answer the 4473 honestly the FFL will decline you himself.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I always come into the picture years later, so I know the procedure to get the rights restored, but I'm not 100% sure of the exact sequence that takes them away; but my understanding is that the police or EMT's bring you in, then there's a hearing of some sort, and there are at least 3 levels of scrutiny depending on how long they want to hold you and under which section (302, 303, or 304).

There has to be a finding that you need to be admitted, then that generates a notice to the PSP, who enter it into the computer and that's what gets you declined. Of course, you shouldn't get to that point, if you answer the 4473 honestly the FFL will decline you himself.
    From the sounds of this even just being hauled in gets you DQ'ed. Or at least COULD.

Scary shit right there. Who has a really nice collection that we would like to see liquidated post haste? Man I hope I don't really piss anyone off cause it seems really easy to mess up a person's life.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    From the sounds of this even just being hauled in gets you DQ'ed. Or at least COULD.

Scary shit right there. Who has a really nice collection that we would like to see liquidated post haste? Man I hope I don't really piss anyone off cause it seems really easy to mess up a person's life.
    damn straight. this is scary stuff, seems anybody can ruin your life at any time.
    FJB

Just remember, when they come to get you, don't fight and do a lot of the "Yes Sir" thing. Where people get in trouble is where they try to fight the cops. If you go with them as a very calm person, they report you as a very calm person. The next person to see you reads your calm and doing what's asked of you. Now the person that 302'd you has to prove you have something wrong. Make them prove it, don't let them see it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast