Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Just a hypothetical question

Just a hypothetical question and please no I'll stand up to them I'll shoot it out I'll hide out in the hills etc. No one can say what they will do till your in the shit then you won't say it you'll live it or die by it. Ask any military man. Most big talkers are the first to break and run. So read the question and then give a reasonable answer please

What do you feel would actually happen if the government started to confiscate guns.

I think many young gun owners would cave in older gun owners may try to change the law at that point but it would be to late, to many young kids would listen to the politicians. I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling that many today have that attitude that our forefathers had at Bunker hill. I maybe wrong but it's my gut that the last two wars have shaped this nation in a way that makes many many sheep. And not enough sheepdogs to protect them.

I'd be interested in how you gentleman feel about it

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Just a hypothetical question

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    What do you feel would actually happen if the government started to confiscate guns.
    Mostly nothing. A few shootouts with the police/Feds/military. Maybe some very limited armed resistance groups/lone wolfs. But no effective resistance.

Once the government is at the point they think they can get away with wholesale gun confiscations, they probably can-- either because the overwhelming majority of Americans support it or our transition from republic to police state is complete (or maybe both).
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    Mostly nothing. A few shootouts with the police/Feds/military. Maybe some very limited armed resistance groups/lone wolfs. But no effective resistance.

Once the government is at the point they think they can get away with wholesale gun confiscations, they probably can-- either because the overwhelming majority of Americans support it or our transition from republic to police state is complete (or maybe both).
    Try to get laws changed but as OP said to late..I would drift off to some very private secluded area with my firearms and live my life off the GRID. Just my 02 cents. I like the resistance group idea but as a very last resort. lolol. Oh i just made another list...lol

Semper Fi,

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karma8541 View Post
    Try to get laws changed but as OP said to late..I would drift off to some very private secluded area with my firearms and live my life off the GRID. Just my 02 cents. I like the resistance group idea but as a very last resort. lolol. Oh i just made another list...lol

Semper Fi,
    If we're talking about what we'd do personally, if it were practicable (family considerations and all), I'd probably just leave the country at that point. Not sure where I'd go-- either to a place I can own guns legally, or a place I can't own guns legally but always wanted to live in if they did allow guns (b/c at that point I've lost a major reason for not moving there), or maybe a country where guns are illegal but the government is so weak and corrupt it's pretty easy to own them all the same. Who knows, but if that ever happened here, I'd seriously start thinking about moving. I'd say I'd be down with the resistance, but, like I said, at the point it happens it's likely to be checkmate, might as well resign the game and move on with my life elsewhere.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Greene County)

I do think that you're pretty much correct, Larry. If the .gov starts to confiscate guns, well then, the .gov is going to confiscate guns.

I assume that any such measure would start at the federal level.

The first to be confiscated will be the nationally registered firearms (NFA and such), then the feds will force the states to open their registries (if they don't participate from the get-go). Then it's knocking on doors...probably starting with the membership records that the NRA will undoubtedly be forced to surrender.

I think that alot of folks are going to give them up without a fight. Some few will try to "shoot it out" and will be held high by the media as the reason why guns are being confiscated, adding fuel to the fire. I'm sure that there will be protests.

The steps to confiscation would require a fair deal of legislating: all state and private records to be made public, bloating the BATFE, and lastly the repeal of the 2nd Amendment and the required 3/4 state ratification.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams

(Montgomery County)

I think that 90% of gun owners would cave.

I think the younger gun owners will give in because they feel they have too much to loose (wife / kids).

I think the older gun owners will make up the majority if the 10% that resist. Because their kids are grown and they (older gun owners) don't care if they go out in a blaze of glory.

I think initially, there will be a lot of dead resisters. Then they will organize a bit better and make a few valiant attempts but will get squashed by the .gov and the sheep that turn them in. The media will turn all resisters into domestic terrorists because of the bombings and killings and the sheep will be scared and roll over on anyone they think might still have a gun.

The only way it might be a little more successful is if states start to withdraw from the fed and everyone rallies into those states to stand up against the fed. Then the lines could be drawn in the sand. Maybe.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karma8541 View Post

Semper Fi,
    Do you feel you'd be able to live off GRID. remember no Ammo but what you have and if your guns in any database you'd become a fugitive. The only resistances group I see would be like outlaw bikers. Most para-military groups would be the first hit and taken out (IE Branch Dravidian, Ruby Ridge, Posse Comitatus just to name a few)

Quote Originally Posted by Vig View Post
    I do think that you're pretty much correct, Larry. If the .gov starts to confiscate guns, well then, the .gov is going to confiscate guns.

I assume that any such measure would start at the federal level.

The first to be confiscated will be the nationally registered firearms (NFA and such), then the feds will force the states to open their registries (if they don't participate from the get-go). Then it's knocking on doors...probably starting with the membership records that the NRA will undoubtedly be forced to surrender.

I think that alot of folks are going to give them up without a fight. Some few will try to "shoot it out" and will be held high by the media as the reason why guns are being confiscated, adding fuel to the fire. I'm sure that there will be protests.

The steps to confiscation would require a fair deal of legislating: all state and private records to be made public, bloating the BATFE, and lastly the repeal of the 2nd Amendment and the required 3/4 state ratification.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH They (govt) may hear you or be viewing this lol..Dont give them a game plan on how to...lol..

Semper Fi,

(Lehigh County)

shit id move to canada.....atleast id get good medical up there....

(Monroe County)

Interesting question, its hard to say who will cave in, the fact is most Americans will cave in because the government thinks its a good idea, and most Americans think you have to be patriotic.

Now its always good to have a few weapons to hand in when that time comes, while stashing away what you really need.

However dont wait for that time to come, now is the time to get prepared, stockpile food water , medicine , books, seeds, gasoline, wood , coal, buy one less gun this year and buy a good generator, learn about solar technology, etc.
    If you wait till the time comes it will be too late.

Invest in a nice crossbow too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast