Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default How about a PAFOA shoot every week?

I missed the #1 and #3 PAFOA shoots, but wow did I have a blast at the 2nd one. I am a relatively new member of PMSC in North Versailles and am still getting to know the guys. At the #2 shoot, Roland was telling me about the IPSC practices at the club that are held every Thursday from 6PM-dark (third Thursday of the month is off and the practice is on Friday - this week). There are some guys who compete in the monthly IPSC matches and some, like myself, who just want to shoot and have a good time.

It sounded like a lot of fun, so I went last Thursday night. It reminded me alot of the PAFOA shoot. A great group of guys shooting Glocks, Smiths, Sigs, Springfields, AR's, HighPoints, AK's, shotguns, and anything else you can imagine. Our own Little Red Toyota was there as well (he is quite the shooter, although he is modest...)

After the shoot, myself, Mark, and LRT went out for wings and beer. It just doesn't get any better than that. Thanks Roland, for telling me about the IPSC practice. I will try not to miss one!

I urge you all to check it out. Not a member of PMSC? I think you can still come for a cost, but really, $60 a year for all that PMSC has to offer is the best bargain in shooting sports. Please ask me some questions, if you have them.

By no means do I want to stop doing the PAFOA shoots (hope the next one is on 6/10) but once a month is just not enough for me!
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: How about a PAFOA shoot every week?

I couldn't afford to shoot that often.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Hence my thread about Wolf and other cheap .45 ammo. Seriously, though, you can shoot as much or as little as you want. I shot 90 rounds last time. Some shot more. Some less. I just picked up some AE 9MM for $8/box. I know you can spring $16 a week for ammo.

You would love it!

(Allegheny County)

It's actually a good idea...

My schedule always changes, and if I shot 7.62x54r or .22 I could afford it.

PMSC is a little far, wexford is closer and free but you have to put up with the B.S.

Interesting idea...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BearTitan View Post
    Hence my thread about Wolf and other cheap .45 ammo. Seriously, though, you can shoot as much or as little as you want. I shot 90 rounds last time. Some shot more. Some less. I just picked up some AE 9MM for $8/box. I know you can spring $16 a week for ammo.

You would love it!

$50-$65/mo for ammo plus ammo for the group shoot? and that's just 9mm... not possible, wish it were, but sadly I can't afford that.

I used to shoot CMP at the club once a month, but pretty much gave it up to be able to do the group shoot since it's a bit more fun.

Anytime you (any of you) want to go shooting, let me know and if I can, I'll go, but I just can't do it every week.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I'd go to most, but I probably wouldn't have ammo very often if it were that often. I get to shoot, sadly, about 6 times a year max. Money is real tight here, and until I get a job, I can't shoot too much. We weren't even able to put add a box of 9mm shells to our 22lr and 22mag boxes, one each. So, I'll go, but I'll rarely shoot lol. Hang out, at least

(Allegheny County)

EM, sadly the solution is clear. You have to sell one of your guns to buy more ammo. I suggest that SKS, and I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Actually, I agree. Ammo would be very expensive. What's stopping us from switching to .22? We could buy a few bricks when the paycheck comes in and be set.

I have that old revolver, and I think I have an old ruger laying around here somewhere.

And when Todd told me about that WASR 22 I got that look in my eye. That is one cool firearm.

I'm up for a quick meet N shoot every now and then.

Wexford tomorrow morning anyone? I have a P32 to try out.

Brian
    Last edited by Atomic Dog; May 17th, 2007 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

(Westmoreland County)

I go almost every weekend. I'll try and keep you posted on when I'm heading out.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Westmoreland County)

Ammo is usually the last expense that we budget for. I am guilty of that, myself. EM, I recall a recent Glock purchase with a Lasermax? That is a year's worth of ammo shooting 100 rounds per week. I know, it sucks that at the end of that year, all you have is empty casings, but you would be right-on with your sidearm.

And you would have lots of fun memories of shooting with a great bunch of guys.

(Lawrence County)

There are some of us shooting every weekend. Pardoe/Grove City has a rifle (50 rounds) and shotgun (25 slugs) match this Sunday. We'll shoot it and have a beer afterwards.

Lycanboomthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast