Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Thumbs up The Truth About Concealed Carry

The Truth About Concealed Carry

Its a liveleak video....very good.

(York County)

Default Re: The Truth About Concealed Carry

Yeah, great video! It's a shame those responsible for setting the laws seem so blinded by reality.

I used to live in MD but moved to York County a few years ago. I never believed in the 'gun carrying world', probably because MD doesn't allow citizens to do much of anything, but it's nice to feel a sense of comfort, particularly with so much nonsense going on these days.

I run a film company and have been doing a lot of "true life" video for a tv spot, most of the filming is taking place in Baltimore City. On some days I've hired plain-clothed cops for my own protection, out of my own money, because the craziness I've seen is unreal. And to literally not just film so much illegal activity, but to see so many firearm indentations through clothing, you know dam* well that these people are obviously carrying illegally. So, should a drug deal go wrong or something, it's relatively safe to assume I'm in some serious problems.

Just last week, I was filming in some of the highest drug areas...no cops to be found, just me and my equipment, my client, and an endless array of drug dealers, gangs, prostitutes....you name it, it was there. Despite being sorely out of place (and I never felt unsafe, interestingly enough), the looming notion that all I have is a mere two-shot Kimber mace device just doesn't cut it.

I've pleaded so much with MD and it truly baffles me in that people really do feel that the citizen who protects ones own self is deemed irresponsible and dangerous...but as we all know, those good ol' criminals can feed off of it. Heck, even when I was mugged several years ago in MD, just a few miles from the DC border, there's not a thing I could have done, or do now - but my favorite part of this is when I called 911, I was put on hold and never got through. Got to love that as a testament for safety.

Ah, I feel better posting that!