Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default What the hell is going on with LMT?

So I ordered my LMT lower back in March and was told that the wait was 6 months. OK, no biggie. That's quite a backlog, but understandable, it's a good product.

A week or so ago I ordered a 12" piston MRP upper. The estimated wait was SIXTEEN MONTHS. September, 2010 AT LEAST, I was told. Now, I understand everyone likes the MRP, I understand LMT has a good rep, I know people are buying a lot more guns these day, but REALLY??

I have a hard time imagining what exactly the holdup is. It can't take THAT long to produce one MRP. It's quite a machine job, but what, a day, maybe? That said, if LMT had several THOUSAND MRP orders (which sounds generous to me), and only 5 or 6 people actually making them (which sounds way too low), it still shouldn't take that long. This, on top of all of the "we're hiring more people/getting more machinery" speak. Apparently they're running 24/7. This is not a tiny operation we're talking about.

The only other thing I could think of was a possible holdup regarding the internal upper parts (bolt and whatnot), which LMT doesn't make themselves (I think). Other than that, we're looking at a shortage of raw materials. I'm obviously happy to wait b/c it's a pretty ill setup and I can't find something similar anywhere else. Just strange.

Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone heard anything about what the situation is?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: What the hell is going on with LMT?

My thoughts ....

Probably a combo of the following:

1. Backup in getting internal parts
    2. They might be tooled up to run non MRP parts and plan on running the plant that way for a while. Once they get caught up on that stuff, they will then start running MRP parts.
    3. If I remember correctly, they make parts for the .mil ... if so, they might have a big order.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)