Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism....2.1020415.html

MANSFIELD (CBS 11 News) ―

Is it okay to show your patriotism at the office?

For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. "I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'" McLucas said.

McLucas' husband and sons are former military men. Her daughter is currently serving in Iraq as a combat medic.

Stifling a cry, McLucas said, "I just wonder if all those young men and women over there are really doing this for nothing."

McLucas said the supervisor who complained has been in the United States for 14 years and is formerly from Africa. McLucas said the supervisor took down Debbie's flag herself.

"The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said. But McLucas also said hospital higher ups had told her some patients' families and visitors had also complained.

"I was told it wouldn't matter if it was only one person," she said. "It would have to come down."

McLucas said hospital bosses told her as far as patriotism was concerned, the flag flying outside the hospital building would have to suffice.

Kindred Hospital Corporate Headquarters are located in Kentucky. They have yet to make a final decision on the matter. They have not returned our phone calls for comment.

The Kindred Hospital Corporation was chosen as Fortune's most admired for 2009. McLucas hopes they'll back her patriotism.

"I find it very frightening because if I can't display my flag, what other freedoms will I lose before all is said and done," McLucas asked.

(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

WTF?
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

I could understand if there was a policy against any sort of banner, signs, symbols, etc.

But....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive.
    Offensive? The American Flag can not be offensive to anyone standing on U.S. soil. If you find the American Flag offensive, then you find America offensive. Suck it up or leave.

(Adams County)

The "A" in USA stands for Appeasement.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Lackawanna County)

I find that amazing. Its makes me want to rant but I find the supervisor so offensive I am speechless and I just opened my mouth and growled. I cant find the words.
    Wait a sec here they are.
    GO BACK TO AFRICA
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Somerset County)

Who ever started this PC crap originally should have been drawn and quartered . I miss the America of my youth .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

I'm assuming that hospital now has a ban on ALL displays of personal property, family pictures, etc., since that woman should now be finding them offensive. And suing the hospital of the displays are not banned.... be interesting to find out how much that corporation is willing to pay in legal fees and bad publicity to defend banning the American flag but not other personal displays in offices. Especially since sooner or later some enterprising politician in Washington is going to realize they can get their face on the news by getting noisy about this, and introducing legislation to prohibit federal dollars going to the corporation.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Cumberland County)

personally i think 1-who ever took the flag down and the person who found it offensive should be kick in the mouth and through out of this country forever.see how they like it somewhere else.

(Chester County)

A 3x5' flag is a bit much for an office. Come on... If she had hung a smaller one or even one in a flag stand on her desk I'm sure it would have been fine. Hanging a fullsize flag on a wall in an office you share with others is tacky.

I bet something like this would not have caused a problem.

Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    A 3x5' flag is a bit much for an office. Come on... If she had hung a smaller one or even one in a flag stand on her desk I'm sure it would have been fine. Hanging a fullsize flag on a wall in an office you share with others is tacky.

Unfortunately, the supervisor and hospital's own statements do not support your assertion. Nowhere do they mention the size was a problem. They freely admit the problem was that the supervisor and someone else found the American flag itself offensive. I kept waiting to see someone say it was an excessive display, but that simply doesn't appear to have been an issue. No doubt as they continue to garner bad publicity they'll try this tack, but if it were true they would have said so from the get go.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post

i dont give a damn if it took up the entire fucking wall.their is no reason it should have been taken down because someone from Africa did not like it give me a fuckin break.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast