I just recently moved and have about 20,000 acres of state park right around me that I would like to explore. Normally I wouldnt carry while hiking, but I'll be deep enough in the woods to have to worry about bear and other critters.

I've been carrying for a long time now, but I always conceal, this summer will be a first for a few things. 1) Im going to open carry while hiking and camping, because its just to darn hot not too. and 2) Ive upgraded my camping / survival knife to something with a blade length around 8.5" and heavy so that it will survive prying and can be used to clear paths too (clearing will be done on private not public land).

Can I open carry in a state park, or do I have to conceal? I dont want any of this grey area, non documented crap. I just want to know the laws state carrying of weapons or only mentioned concealed carry?

Also, I have a bunch ofCCWs, but I just noticed that most say concealed firearms or pistol/revolver permits and not weapons permit. Im assuming that someone is going to be more concerned about the gun on my hip than the knife, but am I violating any laws by carring a knife that large in public?

I honestly doubt that around me anyone will care about the weapons as people walk down my street with rifle in hand daily, but I want to be on the safe side.