Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Greater Philadelphia Gun & Knife show

June 6 & 7 Greater Philadelphia Expo Center. Southeastern Pa (in the beautiful suburbs just northwest of Philadelphia) 700 tables, at 422 Business Center, Oaks, Pa. 19456. This is an attractive new expo center with free parking for thousands of cars and many attractions nearby (restaurants, motels, movies, fun sports, and retail outlets. For more info and internet map, search: phillyexpocenter.com). You can expect this to be the big show that replaces our former Fort Washington Expo Center Show with some of the finest sporting rifles, shotguns, & handguns; edged weapons; and military items from all of our country's great conflicts. We urge all veterans, sportsmen, collectors, gun and hunting club members, to bring the family and enjoy your day at this great facility.

Driving directions: From Rt. 76 (Schuylkill Expressway):

. Follow Rt. 76 west to King of Prussia
    . Exit to Rt. 202 South (West Chester)
    . Stay in right lane for Rt.422 West (Pottstown)
    . Exit Rt. 422 at Oaks, left onto Egypt Road.
    . Left onto Station Ave.
    . Follow signs to expo center

From PA Turnpike:

. Exit at Valley Forge and stay to the right.
    . Take exit for the 202 South (West Chester)
    . Stay in right lane for Rt.422 West (Pottstown)
    . Exit Rt. 422 at Oaks, left onto Egypt Road.
    . Left onto Station Ave.

From Rt. 422:

. Rt. 422 (east or west) to the Oaks exit, left onto Egypt Road.
    . Left onto Station Ave.

Default Re: Greater Philadelphia Gun & Knife show

I am going to go one more time to see this show .
    I hope this time they have better traffic control it was a mess last time with the train show there . And this time I hope they have signs up .
    But if the state PD have 422 oak's exit closed again it will be the last one .
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Montgomery County)

They couldnt do much about last time. Nobody expected the attendance that arrived for the train show. Apparently a LOT of people have been clamoring for a train show for a long time and when it finally got scheduled people came from far and wide.

The real trouble came from the fact that kids were admitted free - so it became a family outing too. Should not be a problem this time.

I really like the layout of this show vs the VF Convention Center show. Aisles are nice and wide - the VF show is very frustrating. If anyone stops to look at merchandise at a table, people cant get by - you can only fit two abreast in those cramped aisles.

Hope to see you guys there!

(Delaware County)

I will be there again. Hope to see some fellow PAFOAers.

(Philadelphia County)

How is this show compared to the VF or Philly Armory shows?

(Berks County)

I might goto this one instead of the VF show next weekend....sound like a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeF View Post
    They couldnt do much about last time. Nobody expected the attendance that arrived for the train show. Apparently a LOT of people have been clamoring for a train show for a long time and when it finally got scheduled people came from far and wide.

The real trouble came from the fact that kids were admitted free - so it became a family outing too. Should not be a problem this time.

I really like the layout of this show vs the VF Convention Center show. Aisles are nice and wide - the VF show is very frustrating. If anyone stops to look at merchandise at a table, people cant get by - you can only fit two abreast in those cramped aisles.

Hope to see you guys there!
    Your right I could walk around and not get trampeled which is a problem at VF . The expo show should be enteresting
    Hope to see pafoa guy and gals there
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Delaware County)

Do yourself a favor and look up the address on Mapquest. Then look at the map for a second. Figure out whatever you have to do to get there with out getting on Egypt road from 422. Actually, just avoid egypt road all together.

It can be done and you will have a better day because of it. Take my word for it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and look up the address on Mapquest. Then look at the map for a second. Figure out whatever you have to do to get there with out getting on Egypt road from 422. Actually, just avoid egypt road all together.

It can be done and you will have a better day because of it. Take my word for it.
    Would the traffic really be that bad?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Would the traffic really be that bad?
    HAHAHA, last time there was a train show the same day so I am sure that had something to do with it. But I got there early and there was a only a small amount of traffic. When I left, Egypt road was solid bumper to bumper from the parking lot all the way to norristown. No bullshit.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast