Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Idiotic gun owners

NOONE WAS INJURED!!!

So to sum it up. Sister and Brother in law have rental properties, which are about 500ft from my property. At 1030 tonight i hear a few shots being fired and hear some comotion at their house. The phone rings and at the same time I see my Brother in law running down the driveway, I answer the phone it's my Sister. She explains that Dave is going down to the renters house due to the shots being fired.

On my way down the drive I hear Dave yelling and more shots fired. I'm thinking the worst at this point so I unholster my gun and get behind one of the cars parked along the drive.

Dave had made it to their porch as they were about half way through the magazine ( not the brightest thing to do). He started yelling and they kept firing across the field. When I realized no one was shooting at anyone I made my way to the porch and stood there while they exchanged more pleasantries.

In short cops were called and at this point it's either the gun or the tenant.

It is unbelievable the stupidity of some people. I mean what exactly tells you its a good idea to fire a gun at 1030 across a field in a residential neighborhood?

Some people have no common sense. Sorry if its jumbled still a little worked up about the situation.

Apparently the wonderful renters bought a gun today. and decided that it would be a grand idea to test fire across the field.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Idiotic gun owners

Is that something they can haul you away in cuffs for? I certainly hope so.

Firing a gun in a residential neighborhood just for shits and giggles is about the most irresponsible thing I can think of. How on earth did your sister's tenants think that would be okay?
    "I really have the American dream licked." -- Ted Nugent

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by SHJ View Post
    Is that something they can haul you away in cuffs for? I certainly hope so.

Firing a gun in a residential neighborhood just for shits and giggles is about the most irresponsible thing I can think of. How on earth did your sister's tenants think that would be okay?
    Those 2 have been a bit off from the start. Have had a few other minor issues with them but nothing this serious. Still awaiting the police, not sure what action can be taken. The tenant does not have a LTCF and was told either him or the gun leaves, so he hops in his car with gun and takes off.

What worries me about the whole situaton is that there is a pissed off dude with a gun running around.

I guess the not correct ( but smart) thing would have been to remove the gun from his possesion til the cops arrive?

I dunno its awkward anyway you look at it.

(Lehigh County)

Angry Re: Idiotic gun owners

Just more fuel for the Anti's to have more restrictive laws enacted.
    TET 68 Survivor --- U. S. Navy 1963 - 1972

Quote Originally Posted by merlin1372 View Post
    Those 2 have been a bit off from the start. Have had a few other minor issues with them but nothing this serious. Still awaiting the police, not sure what action can be taken. The tenant does not have a LTCF and was told either him or the gun leaves, so he hops in his car with gun and takes off.

What worries me about the whole situaton is that there is a pissed off dude with a gun running around.

I guess the not correct ( but smart) thing would have been to remove the gun from his possesion til the cops arrive?

I dunno its awkward anyway you look at it.
    And you would have been charged with theft, or worse.

(York County)

They were firing across a field? How big is this field? Were there houses or buildings across the field (in the line of fire)?
    10:30 PM isn't a good time for target shooting, of course. That was reckless on their part.
    Also, were they drinking?

As far as them possessing a firearm...that would depend on the lease. Unless firearms are prohibited (in the lease), those renters have as much right to own and possess as any of us.

As far as shooting in a residential area...well, we do. There's a number of folks who shoot in my neighborhood (which is fairly rural). I have, on occasion (limited to .22 handguns). So, shooting in a "residential" area isn't necessarilly dangerous, or reckless (of course, shooting at 10:30 PM negates that, to be fair).

Also, does the township have any ordinances about shooting?

Other then the time of the shooting (which I agree...not real smart), I'm curious about the area (how rural, how close to other homes...things like that). I've never been in Derry, but looking at the Goggle maps, it appears to be in a very rural area.

The tenant does not have a LTCF and was told either him or the gun leaves, so he hops in his car with gun and takes off.
    Unless he's carrying the gun concealed, he doesn't need an LCTF. Again, unless firearms are prohibited in the lease, the order to leave or to remove the gun probably violated his rights and the lease.
    Last edited by RoyJackson; May 25th, 2009 at 07:18 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    And you would have been charged with theft, or worse.
    Isn't the correct term removed for officer safety.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Isn't the correct term removed for officer safety.
    He said until police arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    They were firing across a field? How big is this field? Were there houses or buildings across the field (in the line of fire)?
    10:30 PM isn't a good time for target shooting, of course. That was reckless on their part.
    Also, were they drinking?

As far as them possessing a firearm...that would depend on the lease. Unless firearms are prohibited (in the lease), those renters have as much right to own and possess as any of us.

As far as shooting in a residential area...well, we do. There's a number of folks who shoot in my neighborhood (which is fairly rural). I have, on occasion (limited to .22 handguns). So, shooting in a "residential" area isn't necessarilly dangerous, or reckless (of course, shooting at 10:30 PM negates that, to be fair).

Also, does the township have any ordinances about shooting?

Other then the time of the shooting (which I agree...not real smart), I'm curious about the area (how rural, how close to other homes...things like that). I've never been in Derry, but looking at the Goggle maps, it appears to be in a very rural area.

Unless he's carrying the gun concealed, he doesn't need an LCTF. Again, unless firearms are prohibited in the lease, the order to leave or to remove the gun probably violated his rights and the lease.
    Ummm, yes he does. If he is not going to/from a range, gunsmith, place of purchase/sale,hunting area, he needs a LTCF to transport it in a vehicle.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Ummm, yes he does. If he is not going to/from a range, gunsmith, place of purchase/sale,hunting area, he needs a LTCF to transport it in a vehicle.
    Reread the thread...you missed a very salient point:
    The tenant does not have a LTCF and was told either him or the gun leaves, so he hops in his car with gun and takes off.
    This was stated before the tenant was told to leave, apparently. If he unloaded and separated the ammunition from the firearm, he still wouldn't need an LCTF.
    There is no requirement for an LCTF for a firearm kept in the home...only if the person carries concealled.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast