Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default My OC is BETTER than your OC !! WHAT???

deleted post by "poster"
    Last edited by TheF00L; April 11th, 2010 at 02:28 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: My OC is BETTER than your OC !! WHAT???

Fwat?

I would reply but apparently I am not allowed to disagree with you...

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Centre County)

Not true. Just stating my opinion as well. I was not trying to be childish.

(Mercer County)

My OC is better than your OC if you are carrying a toy gun...like a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by TheF00L View Post
    Let me start out by saying that I am not a confrontational guy. If I was I would have started this thread before now. And NO - Because I have chosen to OC does not automatically mean that I like confrontation. It means that I believe in the 2nd Amendment and that I want to "spread the word" in a more active manner than CC'ing.

No worries about my man card either - Turned it in years ago.

For a group who is all for our rights, it is amazing how many times I have been told either that i am/could be hurting the OC movement by the way I chose to OC and how I inform some folks before I OC in their establishments or that I shouldn't discuss it with folks AT ALL before OC'ing.

As some have said in other posts - not necessarily pointing to my way of OC:
    Let me post some facts.
    1 - I am not "afraid" to OC without telling a business that I am doing so.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...tml#post715089

And: http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...tml#post724921

I have OC'd in the following places WITHOUT "asking" anyone for "permission": Lowes, Roan's Body Shop, the weekly meeting of "The 912 Project of Centre County", McDonalds in multiple locations, the office on my days off, Sammis' Greenhouse, Brothers Pizza, my bank once, Today at the Boalsburg Memorial Day celebration, Applebees, multiple gas stations and Sheetz stores inside.......I will stop there even though there are many more.

2 - The only 2 times I have told a business up front that i would now be OC'ing was when i had a long term relationship with said business. I did it this way because I respect them as people and did not want to surprise them when I started to OC - EVEN THOUGH IT IS LEGAL.

And:

3 - I am not "afraid" to follow through when a situation occurs and I am asked to leave a business.

4 - At NO TIME TO DATE has my method of OC ended with a business looking negatively on OC and posting signs. In fact - The only place I was forced to leave ACTUALLY came up with a NEW policy which is to allow the legal carry of firearms. See the quote from #3 above.
    And the other time I "warned them" at BK ended in my favor as well.

5 - NO, I do not think the way you all OC is wrong. Sorry there is nothing to copy here because I have never "dissed" the way others choose to OC.

6 - To date, the only time I "prepped" a business with the fact that I would be OC'ing - It went EXTREMELY well. IN MY FAVOR and in the favor I would imagine of all those who will follow my lead in that businesses - BK. The word is still out on the Banks answer - And YES I will post an update when I know the answer.

7- There have been many positive comments on how I chose to OC as well - To be fair and balanced.

So, for those of you who disagree with how I go about my business, OC'ing for Political, Educational, Comfort and other reasons - So be it! We agree to disagree!!

BUT PLEASE do not tell me that my choices are hurting the "movement" without proof. Remember one of the earliest quotes in this thread?

I wish this discussion could be done in person instead of online because a good healthy give and take in person is what i enjoy. I hope this came across as information and not me just bit@%in&.
    So you are putting down people who are telling you to stand up for your rights?

I am not going to back you up, If you won't stand up for yourself.

I'm just curious why you feel the need to call ahead and inform a place that you are about to perform a legal activity?

Did you also discuss that you'd be driving a legally inspected car with at least the minimum insurance coverage. Or that you'd be bringing your legally married wife and legally adopted kids? Or that all the clothes you'd be wearing were legally purchased in state and you paid the necessary sales taxes?

At what point do you have to go into details about your legal activity to anyone?

Again, just asking.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

(Centre County)

So you are putting down people who are telling you to stand up for your rights?

I am not going to back you up, If you won't stand up for yourself.
    WOW HOW was I putting you down? I stated that I have a different style than those who will not ever talk to a business 1st.

HOW am I not standing up for my rights?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by stephpd View Post
    I'm just curious why you feel the need to call ahead and inform a place that you are about to perform a legal activity?

Did you also discuss that you'd be driving a legally inspected car with at least the minimum insurance coverage. Or that you'd be bringing your legally married wife and legally adopted kids? Or that all the clothes you'd be wearing were legally purchased in state and you paid the necessary sales taxes?

At what point do you have to go into details about your legal activity to anyone?

Again, just asking.
    was going to say the same thing...
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Centre County)

Again, just asking.
    To be honest - No. I do not and would not in the situations you mentioned. I realize that you are drawing comparisons but I PERSONALLY do feel that surprising an established, long time business acquaintance is the right way for me to go about my OC. As I did mention - with the businesses I do not care about I have never said a word. BUT I do feel an obligation to talk to those that I have a long standing relationship with. Just my non-confrontational ways I guess.

(Lebanon County)

You're going to ruin it for everyone!!!
    Sorry, just felt that was missing
    I would have repped you for standing your ground, but the darn button is broke yet again.

I understand what you are saying. And I agree that there has been way too much "Your doing it wrong!" around here lately.

Please understand that what you do is your choice and as an anarcho-capitalist I fully support you in doing anything anyway you like as long as no one else is harmed.

But if I may play devil's advocate for a moment, I think the thing others have been trying to get across is that most people are not used to OC (Geez, that sounds familiar), and it will probably freak them out (I think I've heard that before too), and they will not approve of it if asked in advance and will declare their business off limits to OC, and possibly CC as well (Yep, I'm thinking I've heard all of this somewhere before).

While I don't personally ask permission, and don't advocate doing so especially for large anonymous chains, if you are more comfortable doing so, especially for businesses where you have a long standing relationship, then by all means go ahead. Someone may eventually say no. Or not. But go right on ahead, and kudos for standing your ground.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast