Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Electric Factory in Phila: do they pat down or have metal detectors?

I am going to a concert tonight and I would absolutely hate to be in Philly without my ccw, but obviously a pat down or a metal detector is going to be a problem. I would also hate to get there and have to leave the gun in the car because of this.

does anyone know what their entrance procedure is and if I would have a problem?
    -JL-

"There are many important issues, but the gun-hating psychos who would flush the Bill of Rights down the toilet have changed that for me. I would vote for a puppy-killing, football hating, incestuous Martian if I thought he would preserve and protect the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic." - obxned
    "Don't confuse my kindness with weakness"

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Electric Factory in Phila: do they pat down or have metal detectors?

I believe it's a pat down, but this could have changed since the last time i was there. Frankly, they're just trying to get people through the door and don't do a very thorough job.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Electric Factory in Phila: do they pat down or have metal detectors?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    I believe it's a pat down, but this could have changed since the last time i was there. Frankly, they're just trying to get people through the door and don't do a very thorough job.
    Im sure the pat down is good enough to catch a compact semi auto...besides I believe that simply having the pat down is enough to make carrying there illegal by Pennsylvania standards.
    -JL-

"There are many important issues, but the gun-hating psychos who would flush the Bill of Rights down the toilet have changed that for me. I would vote for a puppy-killing, football hating, incestuous Martian if I thought he would preserve and protect the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic." - obxned

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLStorm View Post
    besides I believe that simply having the pat down is enough to make carrying there illegal by Pennsylvania standards.
    huh? how do you figure that?

(Philadelphia County)

Im sure the pat down is good enough to catch a compact semi auto...besides I believe that simply having the pat down is enough to make carrying there illegal by Pennsylvania standards.
    No, they can deny you entry, but it's not illegal otherwise.

They might catch a gun. When i was there i left the gun in the car and tucked my spyderco in my waitsband. They missed it.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    huh? how do you figure that?
    Well I think PA law says something to the effect that if the owner or employee prohibits you from carrying a firearm inside their establishment it is a felony 3 if you are caught carrying. I figure a pat down is a pretty clear cut signal that they dont want me carrying a gun there.

Either way it sounds like Im screwed....I may be to busy to make the concert anyway
    -JL-

(Bucks County)

Well I think PA law says something to the effect that if the owner or employee prohibits you from carrying a firearm inside their establishment it is a felony 3 if you are caught carrying.
    I'd have to see PA Crime Codes chapter and verse before believing that.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    I'd have to see PA Crime Codes chapter and verse before believing that.
    Don't bother, it doesn't exist. If you are asked to leave and do not you can be arrested for trespassing. The way to avoid that is to leave when asked.

(Allegheny County)

Well I think PA law says something to the effect that if the owner or employee prohibits you from carrying a firearm inside their establishment it is a felony 3 if you are caught carrying.
    i don't think so.

that may be someone's interpretation of the state's tresspsassing laws, but i think that would be a faulty interpretation.

there is definitely not anything in the PA UFA (which is the entire state law on guns) that says anything like that.

I figure a pat down is a pretty clear cut signal that they dont want me carrying a gun there.
    true, but all they can do is ask you to leave. if you do not leave upon being asked, then they can arrest you for tresspassing.

Either way it sounds like Im screwed....I may be to busy to make the concert anyway
    it does suck having to make that choice. so far, the only place i have ever wanted to go that patted down or had metal detectors was penguins games. they don't do a very good pat down...i'll just leave it at that.

(Allegheny County)

True on the Pens game.

We were there a month or so ago. I walked in with a leatherman on my belt, knife in my pocket. My brother had a few knives and multi-tools. And at least one menber of our party was CCW. nothing more than a pat (just under the armpit) and a "how's it goin?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast