Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Females and firearms discrimination against neighbor.

I think this will get some of your attention about an NEPA gun shop that feels women are incompetent. My neighbor is extremely upset at being treated like a second class citizen and she will be home in a few hours to write this up. I just wanted to let you folks know to keep and eye out for this thread no later than tommorow morning.

The basic story goes they promised her one price on a gun and she went to pick it up a week or two later, and when she went in they started making her feel like an asshole for being a female and raised the price on the gun. I guess they made some pretty discriminatory comments.

I mean don't females make up a pretty significant amount of handgun purchases in the US? Why would they try and pull some shit like this? Beyond me...
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(York County)

Default Re: Females and firearms discrimination against neighbor.

Well, she can go to another shop...and that first shop will lose a sale.
    It is a shame she was treated badly...

(Northumberland County)

because those assholes at the NEPA dont want women to have "equal power" as men thats probably why some men treat their women like dirt..like the ones at NEPA. if they raise the price of a gun they should be reported to BBB, cuz once they tlel you the price they cant go and raise it cuz they want to .

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    because those assholes at the NEPA dont want women to have "equal power" as men thats probably why some men treat their women like dirt..like the ones at NEPA. if they raise the price of a gun they should be reported to BBB, cuz once they tlel you the price they cant go and raise it cuz they want to .
    Unless I'm mistaken, NEPA is an entire region of the state, you might want to cut back on the generalization there.

My wife has been treated badly in several shops. Now, when we hit a new shop, she's the first one that starts asking questions. How she's treated decides whether we shop there.

There are a lot of men in shooting who think women belong in the kitchen. These throwbacks hurt our sport, and our rights. We need every person we can get to maintain support in Congress, and we need every person we can get buying guns and ammo to keep ranges open, shops open, prices low. Shops, ranges, and other places that treat women badly need to be driven out of business. They do more harm than good.

Reminds me of what I was thinking of earlier today when I watched a woman on this site have to fight back against a "man" who basically called her a whore. Most men here are gentlemen, though the women do have to adapt to male humor, and male methods of bonding to really get along. Just as they do on the range, or anywhere else they go that is male dominated. We have an obligation to be gentlemen and welcome them, they need to do their part to blend in without expecting us to put them on a pedestal. Most men and women do a fine job of it, some don't even try. But, too many men are threatened, or just don't want to let women into our little world.

Frankly, I don't think this site is overly welcoming to women. A woman introduces herself, she's instantly swarmed with guys hitting on her. Some of the men here look down on them. They have no forum here where they can dip their toe into the environment without being treated like they are sitting in a window in Amsterdam. There are no women moderators that I'm aware of. For a site that styles itself as the premier voice of the Pennsylvania shooter, I think it's grown to a point where an active outreach would be beneficial.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

If any of you think it only happens in gun shops, better think again. It's still a common practice in some places. Especially in male dominated places.

Makes me sick that these ball-less wonders have the nerve to call themselves men.

Move over guys, we've burnt our bras, wear shoes and vote. We're not just tits and ass anymore!

(Northumberland County)

sorry i was referring to that NEPA Gun Shop i didnt meant ALL NEPA

FWIW, I thing it's piss poor that some women get bad service in certain gun shops. I think lots of women are interested in personal protection, but don't have or know anyone that will help them get started. I have helped many female friends and several ex-girlfriends learn the basics, from saftey to combat shooting, and most have become NRA members and regestered voters who cast thier ballot for pro 2A candidates. Thats much more than I can say for a lot of once a year Fudds around this area, and at least the ladies know the difference between a Isosceles and Weaver stance.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    But, too many men are threatened, or just don't want to let women into our little world.
    I don't disagree with you here, but I think it's terribly unfortunate. I frequently relay the story about my Basic Pistol Safety Class instructor, who was both female and (IIRC) a competition shooter. She was knowledgeable, competent, and happy to answer an unending barrage of question from three guys eager to learn. I owe my present shooting abilities in part to her efforts, since she set the foundation upon which everything else I learned is set upon.

Then, there's the story of a good friend of mine who I am proud to say that I started down the path to gun ownership. She now owns two guns and is actively working towards her NRA Pistol Instructor certification -- all in under a year's time. She's actively sought out skills training, too.

Anyone who thinks women can't shoot or don't belong on the range needs to have their head examined... by a proctologist.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Doesn't surprise me one bit.

If any of you think it only happens in gun shops, better think again. It's still a common practice in some places. Especially in male dominated places.

Makes me sick that these ball-less wonders have the nerve to call themselves men.

Move over guys, we've burnt our bras, wear shoes and vote. We're not just tits and ass anymore!
    Relax sweet cheeks...........

Just kidding, of course.

My wife has had to prove she knows what proper sight alignment looks like before she can shoot HER .22 pistol at targetworld in Chalfont. The peckerhead made her draw it out on paper, even after she and I both told him she has shot before. Funny thing, he never asked me if I had shot before.

I figure the more my wife knows about guns and shooting, the less I have to do. That, or the nicer I have to be when I talk about her mother.

Just remember, guys with little dicks have issues with women doing "man things".
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast