Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Concealed Carry In National Parks - Time Line

Please delete thread.
    Last edited by pamountainman; September 8th, 2012 at 08:39 PM.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry In National Parks - Time Line

I'm a little confused. Does the current law allow you to carry in a Federal Park? If so, what does this law change?

(Pike County)

The main reason for obtaining my carry permit was for defense against bears where my family hikes. We have already lost one pack goat to a bear, and I refuse to have a threat to my family when we go hiking. I am so sick of all this nonsense.
    Support Ron Paul, and we will not have this Federal government involving itself in our state laws.

(Pike County)

What am I suppose to do, I pretty much live surrounded by Federal land and parks here in Dingmans Ferry, Poconos. So, if I travel on Federal land, I'm screwed.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dingdel View Post
    Does the current law allow you to carry in a Federal Park?
    no. the DOI had implemented new regulations that allowed carry in national parks, but a judge ordered an injunction against it. thus, as of now, you cannot legally carry in a national park.

If so, what does this law change?
    it provides a congressional mandate telling the DOI they are not allowed to implement or enforce any ban on carrying in national parks as long as the carying is otherwise legal...thus, effectively overriding the injunction.
    F*S=k

(Lackawanna County)

The "National Park" thing... The concept that the 'government' can restrict/ban the 'peaceful' carrying (or the manner of carriage) of arms by law-abiding citizens in... well... at just about any location the 'government' wants is one of the major reasons I am so upset with the Heller v. D.C. decision.

Oh well... at the very least, in less than a year, *part* of our Right to Bear will be restored in National Parks. Then, *finally*, I won't have to worry about carrying (concealed) and driving on Route 209 between Milford and East Stroudsburg. I guess I'd be more happy about that if only it didn't remind me of how angry I was at all of the other ways our Right to Keep and Bear will still be heavily restricted and regulated.

In all fairness, I suppose, after all, it is a "start" (towards the restoration of our Right to Bear) if nothing else. So, of course I support this measure - regardless of how it had to be 'snuck in'. I just wish we were moving farther faster.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
    ...Say that to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by pamountainman View Post
    Support Ron Paul, and we will not have this Federal government involving itself in our state laws - I am not quite sure what you are saying here since the Federal government always set the regulations for the lands WE/it owned, they did not involve themselves with our state laws - state laws do not govern on federal property. HOWEVER, this amendment does set the carry of firearms in National Parks, etc., to what the state laws are in which state the National Park, etc. is....
    Read "Revolution" by Ron Paul, if you haven't already, and the statement should make perfect sense.
    Last edited by Jorg Schlagzeuger; May 21st, 2009 at 12:00 PM.

this 9 month activation has only been quoted by the VCDL, I have seen on other sites where it is suppose to take affect after the messiah signs it, I should add I have the upmost respect for Mr Van Clive, since the days of Packing.org. I also know he was the one and his organization who started the ball rolling originally on the Packing,org site way back ( long before most here heard of carrying concealed) I would like to see this implementation date from someone officially connected to the gov't.

sprat
    Packing.org,Deloc,Open carry,Florida Carry Concealed,LFI Graduate

(Cumberland County)

No apology necessary pamountainman! I was pressed for time and just posted the link in hopes that other busy folks who didn't hear could get the information.

Thanks for the update!
    Jake8147

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do... Life's been good to me so far!" - Joe Walsh

(Franklin County)

I've worked in Grand Teton, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone and Glacier national park and guess what......

I CARRIED EVERYWHERE!

"The 2nd Amendment is my carry permit"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast