Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default OC on Bike (York Rail Trail)

I will be OCing while biking on the York Rail Trail between York and Seven Valleys tomorrow early afternoon.

My daughter and I need to get in some home schooling gym class time.
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

(York County)

Default Re: OC on Bike (York Rail Trail)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Bullock View Post
    I will be OCing while biking on the York Rail Trail between York and Seven Valleys tomorrow early afternoon.

...and we'll be anticipating your report on a peaceful, uneventful outing!

Take plenty of water, temps are supposed to be in the low 80's!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Bullock View Post

just remember, bikes are technically vehicles in PA, so bring your LTCF, and tighten those retention screws, the trail up there is pretty rough.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    ...and we'll be anticipating your report on a peaceful, uneventful outing!

Take plenty of water, temps are supposed to be in the low 80's!
    Ok, Dad... we'll pack properly and turn in my assignment...

We are looking to have a great ride. She likes to get ice cream at the little deli in Seven Valleys.

Always CC'ed there in the past. I am curious if the county had spent the money to change the signage about the park prohibition list since the last time I was there. If not, that may fuel the uninformed.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by vmiwoulfe View Post
    just remember, bikes are technically vehicles in PA, so bring your LTCF, and tighten those retention screws, the trail up there is pretty rough.
    Got all the bases covered reagarding vehicle carry. I would like to have the discussion with someone as in the previous threads bike = vehicle has been discuss, but I in my layman's minds read that entire section to deal with concealment and the most important word in the statue is "in". Since I will be "on" said vehicle with the firearm.

Also, I have not seen were "carried" has been defined with regard to vehicles. I have read the threads that talks about presence in the vehicle and depending on the circumstances the need for separate and locked containers, but how does the state of PA define "carry"?

(Dauphin County)

actually he would not need his LTCF, because it is not concealed at all... the law states ...while carrying "in" a vehicle... it is concealed, if its out in the opena nd not concealed in any way you would not need your LTCF.
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    actually he would not need his LTCF, because it is not concealed at all... the law states ...while carrying "in" a vehicle... it is concealed, if its out in the opena nd not concealed in any way you would not need your LTCF.
    yes but he needs it to have the gun transported in the vehicle so he is better off carry the LTCF or keep it in the car, remember on a hot day if you have a laminated card like a drivers license and you keep it in the hot car it might warp..

Bicycles are not vehicles.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Bicycles are not vehicles.
    yes bicycles are vehicles....we have to share the road with them. They are supposed to follow all the rules of the road too. Bicycles are not motor vehicles

(Dauphin County)

Had a great ride. Upon arrival and getting the bikes off the rack, I had quite an audiance checking my XDm .40. They all perked up when I first arrived but by the time the second bike was off the rack, they went back to thier conversations.

We passed about a dozen other people on the ride to Sevens Valleys (approx 7 miles). Only a few seemed to even notice, but said nothing.

We bought ice cream and drinks at the little deli shop in Seven Valleys that is next to the trail. The staf glanced but said nothing. Three off duty National Guard were having lunch and discussing Guard stuff. They all took a gander and went back to lunch.

No one seemed interested on the ride back.

While putting the bikes back on the rack, an older man (older than me) asked if I expected trouble on the trail. I played as if I didn't hear the question and asked him what he said. He then stated that I had two "clips" on my side and a .45 on my hip and repeated the question about expecting trouble. I told him that didn't expect any specific trouble, but was prepared for it. I told him bad things can happen to good people any time and any place to which he nodded.

I gave him some back ground info on my 28 years of CC and on my starting to OC this year. I handed him a flyer and discussed his Cordorus Creek boat/tube rental business for a few minutes.

After the bikes were loaded I bid him a good afternoon and got into the van. While driving off, I saw him sit down at a table and begin reading the flyer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast