Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: armstrong

(Armstrong County)

Default armstrong

Really guys, there is nothing at all going on here in armstrong county, lets liven our little hole up a little.

Were haveing a reflixive fire pistol shoot. Reflexive fire is where you have 4 targets on a sheet, each is a different color and shape. Some one will call out a color or shape and you must place shots onto the shape within 5 secs. You will start from standing, holsterd, draw firearm and place shot, then reholster. I know some other ways to change it up some too.

What you need.
    AMMO
    GUN
    EYES
    EARS
    HOLSTER
    AMMO, bring what you want to shoot, I would suggest at least 100 rounds. GUN, again its a pistol match, but its an open match, just for fun, so bring what you want (or a few of what you want ) but your carry gun will be the most benificial. EYE PROTECTION, EAR PROTECTION, HOLSTER. Recommend: Mag pouch, Ball cap, and loaded spare mags.
    Last edited by thetruepyromaniak; May 31st, 2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: UPDATES

Default Re: armstrong

Maybe some local PAFOA'ers could get together sometime for an informal shoot. The biggest problem would be to have access to a safe place out in the sticks for it. Any area gun clubs would be out of the question because most only allow 1 guest. It would be nice to meet some locals who are actually into shooting & the 2nd Amendment (not just hunting). The only local shooters I know are the people I met during my competition days back in the 90's. Any ideas or suggestions, anyone?

(Armstrong County)

dayton allows each member to have 3 guests at the range. Hell Lone Wolf, thats 6+ the 2 of us, I cant imagine there being more than that in the county.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepyromaniak View Post
    dayton allows each member to have 3 guests at the range. Hell Lone Wolf, thats 6+ the 2 of us, I cant imagine there being more than that in the county.
    Excellent point, pyro. Didn't realize we were allowed that many guests. Maybe im too used to shooting @ V-grift where it's 1 guest, and Ford City, where it's 0 guests allowed.

(Armstrong County)

Talking Re: armstrong

I think dayton would be happy to just have 4 people there at a time. LOL

(Armstrong County)

I propose a reflexive fire course to be held at the dayton sportsmen club. Reflexive fire is where you have 4 targets on a sheet, each is a different color and shape. Some one will call out a color or shape and you must place shots onto the shape within 5 secs. You will start from standing, holsterd, draw firearm and place shot, then reholster. I know some other ways to change it up some too. Group size is limited as per the guest restriciton. You do not have to be from armsrtong county but let me know if your interested. Date to be announced later.

(Armstrong County)

A quick and poor drawing of target. Gotta love my mad mspaint skills.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Armstrong County)

hey im in and im a member of dayton so thats 3 more guests

(Armstrong County)

so there is room for 9 shooters. Dosent seem to be much interest. I bet if I said it was a turkey shoot we would be stretched to the max. There are an awful lot a Elmer Fuds in our area who dont give a damn about 2A and only about hunting. This shows it. Is everyone free next sunday? Would be a good tenitave date to shoot. Check the top of the tread to see who's coming
    Last edited by thetruepyromaniak; May 25th, 2009 at 12:44 PM.

(Armstrong County)

ya i should be i'll have to see tho

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast