Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Mailing LTCF form?

Has anyone from Centre County mailed their form for LTCF? I just sent mine in and was wondering how that worked. Will they contact me and I'll have to come down to pick up a license some day or are they actually going to just send me a license back in the mail without me ever even stepping foot in the office?

I would think I'd have to show up for some reason, but theres not much on the site about what happens after I send in the forms and required docs.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/l...pplication.asp

Default Re: Mailing LTCF form?

Quote Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
    Has anyone from Centre County mailed their form for LTCF? I just sent mine in and was wondering how that worked. Will they contact me and I'll have to come down to pick up a license some day or are they actually going to just send me a license back in the mail without me ever even stepping foot in the office?

I would think I'd have to show up for some reason, but theres not much on the site about what happens after I send in the forms and required docs.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/l...pplication.asp
    Sheriff Nau does non-resident LTCFs all thru the mail, so I imagine residents would be the same... call and ask 'em

(Centre County)

I sent mine in by mail. I got the license in about a week. Of course, this was last summer before all the craziness started.

As long as you followed all the directions you shouldn't have to go in to the Sheriff's office. You did include a self-addressed envelope with your application, right?

(Allegheny County)

Shit, I didn't even think to include a self addressed stamped envelope. I'm sure they won't front me a stamp, will they? I guess I'll have to give them a call and find out whats going to happen.

(Allegheny County)

In case anyone was wondering, I got my LTCF back in the mail in like 2 or 3 days. It was 3 sheets (about a 4" x 6"). I had to sign it and keep the top copy and send back the other two for filing. Very quick and simple.

I just wish it was more of a formal card. I'm really amazed at the fact that there is no standardized format for them. A few weeks ago when I got mine, I was talking with two guys who also had them. All from PA, and three completely different styles. It's amazing to me that they aren't standardized like a PA ID/Driver's License. Hell, me and one buddy are both in the same county, and I got this version, while his is a scanned, laminated, and shrunken down version of what I have. I covered mine in clear tape to protect it. I'd love if it just fit in my wallet like a normal card/ID though.

(Centre County)

Take it to a copy machine and shrink it down to fit in your wallet. I've been doing that for 30 years. I carry the laminated copy and the original stays in the gun safe.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
    Hell, me and one buddy are both in the same county, and I got this version, while his is a scanned, laminated, and shrunken down version of what I have.

If you had driven down to the sheriffs office they would have been happy to do that for you for a buck or 2. You get the small version for your wallet and the big old clunker to keep at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    If you had driven down to the sheriffs office they would have been happy to do that for you for a buck or 2. You get the small version for your wallet and the big old clunker to keep at home.
    I was told (via email inquiry) it wasn't valid to reproduce it at a reduced size for wallet carry :/

If it is I really wish they'd put it in writing on the website or something. It'd be a lot easier than carrying around the paper license.

(Centre County)

Every time I have renewed my license, the Sheriffs Dept shrunk it down and laminated it for me. I go out with the large paper copy and the wallet size. Sheriff Nau did tell me the last time I talked to him that they will be going to the DL style LTCF in 2010, apparently some of the money collected is earmarked for the new equipment.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    I was told (via email inquiry) it wasn't valid to reproduce it at a reduced size for wallet carry :/

If it is I really wish they'd put it in writing on the website or something. It'd be a lot easier than carrying around the paper license.
    Well, being that some PA sheriffs actually do reduce and laminate (some for a small extra fee) the LTCF... it does not appear to be illegal to do so yourself. There's nothing in PA firearms laws about this.

Of course, I'd get the highest quality copy made that I could.