Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Facebook Addictions?

Hi there it is me Frenchy… Or Frenchy in PA.

Who here is in to this Face Book stuff…

ARRRRRG! I thought I had no time before, now I am addicted…

Let me tell you, first my wife, Sixshooter gets me intrigued with Farm town…

A silly little game about plowing and harvesting for coins.. So I become Frenchy in PA just to try it… There where way too many “Frenchy” on there… (you will recognize my avatar anyways) So I do this by nights when ever the forum here is quiet and I have no landscaping to do in real life in my own back yard… (I am trying to reclaim some footage from a hill out back)

Anyways, I go from level 1 beginner to now some where around level 23, I am getting up there… Many clicks later.

Anyways, I am on my quiet farm, when a Farmer friend of mine asks me to join in his Mafia…
    Hey I say, I am not that kind of guy! I like guns and all, but Not a Mafioso!
    Later at work, I tell this friend of mine who is also On face Book how I was “Proposed” and says Sure, you can be in My Mafia too! Now this is spooky because she IS Italian!
    I look into it more, and find out Lycanthrope and SteveD ( I Pay my Respects) are also into this Mafia Wars…
    I get an other invite from a friend… then an Other and an Other, Becomes and “Offer I can’t Refuse” … I become a punk Hit man, a couple muggings, rob a store here and there… More muggings, then I find out, Morillo roughed up MY uncle, and now it's time to return the favor..
    Anyways If you got da time to come fight with us, I be "Da French Connection", level 5 Maniac.. Come Help me in my quest to become the worlds first French virtual Mafia boss!

Now for all the acronym agencies out there,
    Mafia Wars is only a game, it is an internet pastime! Do not get any Ideas about hiring me in real life or profiling me to see if I can be a terrorist threat.

Mafia Wars is an online game used to network like minded people who have too much time on their hands. My handle there Da French Connection has nothing to do with what I do in real life.

I know you got here by searching the Key words Mafia and Hit man.. That’s ok, put the radars down.. I not uza da real guns... All da people hot on my list they be virtual enemies, nota da real people Capich!
    Last edited by Frenchy; May 20th, 2009 at 12:58 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Default Re: Facebook Addictions?

I had a FB problem for a while.

I replaced it with Ages of War (agesofwar.com)

and, of course, there are the message boards

(Mercer County)

I'm rarely on Facebook. When I was teaching, I'd use it to keep in touch with students, such as a last-minute class cancellation.

Nowadays, I'm sick of the in-depth, over-personal details that people insist on sharing.

If I want to know about your kids' bowel movements, I'll call, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Hi there it is me Frenchy… Or Frenchy in PA.

Who here is in to this Face Book stuff…

ARRRRRG! I thought I had no time before, now I am addicted…

Let me tell you, first my wife, Sixshooter gets me intrigued with Farm town…

A silly little game about plowing and harvesting for coins.. So I become Frenchy in PA just to try it… There where way too many “Frenchy” on there… (you will recognize my avatar anyways) So I do this by nights when ever the forum here is quiet and I have no landscaping to do in real life in my own back yard… (I am trying to reclaim some footage from a hill out back)

Anyways, I go from level 1 beginner to now some where around level 23, I am getting up there… Many clicks later.

Anyways, I am on my quiet farm, when a Farmer friend of mine asks me to join in his Mafia…
    Hey I say, I am not that kind of guy! I like guns and all, but Not a Mafioso!
    Later at work, I tell this friend of mine who is also On face Book how I was “Proposed” and says Sure, you can be in My Mafia too! Now this is spooky because she IS Italian!
    I look into it more, and find out Lycanthrope and SteveD ( I Pay my Respects) are also into this Mafia Wars…
    I get an other invite from a friend… then an Other and an Other, Becomes and “Offer I can’t Refuse” … I become a punk Hit man, a couple muggings, rob a store here and there… More muggings, then I find out, Morillo roughed up MY uncle, and now it's time to return the favor..
    Anyways If you got da time to come fight with us, I be "Da French Connection", level 5 Maniac.. Come Help me in my quest to become the worlds first French virtual Mafia boss!

Now for all the acronym agencies out there,
    Mafia Wars is only a game, it is an internet pastime! Do not get any Ideas about hiring me in real life or profiling me to see if I can be a terrorist threat.

Mafia Wars is an online game used to network like minded people who have too much time on their hands. My handle there Da French Connection has nothing to do with what I do in real life.

I know you got here by searching the Key words Mafia and Hit man.. That’s ok, put the radars down.. I not uza da real guns... All da people hot on my list they be virtual enemies, nota da real people Capich!
    Just for the record, I really don't understand much of what you were saying there...I do understand the real life mafia...and have a slight knowledge of what Facebook is...that's about it.

I was hooked on that crap as well but it lost its fun after a while
    ΑΣΦ

(Westmoreland County)

My wife is hooked on Farm Town! I found the theme music intriguing until it started burning through my very soul and keeping me awake all night! But other wise, it's alright.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Blair County)

i've been farming for about a week haven't gotten "addicted" yet and just never got into those mafia things.
    i am on the pafoa group.
    and i didn't stay in a holiday inn express last night.
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

i got into it after i tried myspace and didnt mind it but it got annnoing. then a friend told me about facebook and said it was a more adult version of myspace. so i tried that and i liked it. twice as many people i know use facebook over myspace.

on mafia wars/myspace im lvl 126
    on mafia wars/facebook im lvl 9

i played the myspace version alot and then i switched to facebook and it sucked starting at the bottom again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xXWildPonyXx; May 20th, 2009 at 03:31 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Yea, Facebook can get addictive. I was on it all the time for a while, but now scaled back a lot, can't say that for my wife though..she's on there with her laptop and crackberry.

(York County)

I'm addicted to mafia wars as well. I'm a level 84.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast