Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Talking Centre Group Shoot 5/12/07

Howdy all! Those of us from up in Centre county as well as some from surrounding counties decided to have our first group shoot this past Saturday afternoon. We held it at the PA SGL's 176 (scotia) in the mid afternoon.

Ok got a call at work... pictures to come later this afternoon... stay posted!

Back so here they are. I'll appologize in advance for anyone I forget in the picture or am unable to identify, if you happen to be one of them let me know and I'll fix it.

The afternoon went as follows.
    It rained... boy did it rain... right when we were suppose to get there, I thought we were done for but sure enough it cleared right up and dried up.
    We all arrived and exchanged formalities and met each other, some of us realized we already knew each other. Small world ehh. We shot the "bull" for a while with Xringshooter (who couldnt stay) and then finally headed to the range's.

Everyone was just getting set up when the RO showed up, he talked to us for a while checked out our weapons when he came across scoutjoe's YUGO sks w/ a bloomauto golf ball launcher on the end of it. well need less to say we had to try it out so down range went a few loads. The RO was funny as hell and is a great guy who I have delt with before I belive a retired SCPD officer.

Here we have Scoutjoe w/ his YUGO gettin ready to let one rip. Left to right, Sorry I cant rememeber your forum name bed! , Lexington86 with his back to us, the RO, Agent Ronin w/ his shiney belt buckle, and Scoutjoe.

Ben with Scoutjoe's romanian (I think) AK shooting it for the first time. In the back ground RandomTask and his daughter watch. Agent Ronin load's mag's for the HK91 clone and Kenshin (I think) loads up a SKS

SHIT! so on the third shot the hammer pin decided to back out of the right side of the reciver, here Scoutjoe is helping Ben. We were able to get it fixed and got the rifle back in service shortly after this. Back to the fun!

Over all shot of the "shoot bench" area

And a downrange shot of the Auxillary range which is 50yards on the right and 100 on the left.

Here RandomTask is showing Agent Ronin one of his HK P7's. Damn thats a sweet smooth shooting gun! In the background Lexington86 is poppin off some round's with an AK!

Over on the Auxillary pistol range diputs and theFOOL were shooting an auto ordanance 1927a1 which unfourtinatly kept having fte's (hope you got that fixed) there were also to 2 other guys that were on the range who were more than happy watch/learn and enjoy. diputs in green w/ ear pro and TheFOOL in blue hat.

Here Diputs works on his 1927a1 while TheFOOL (left in blue hat) and 2 other random dudes look on.

To top it off we have a video of the golfball launch.

Unfourtinatly I had to leave to go to work around 1700 hrs while other stayed and shot! I wish I could have stayed but alas I had to work... and take 2 diffrent patients to pittsburgh in one night.. OUCH!!

I dont know about everyone else but I had a good time and I look forward to the next time we can all gather... Maybe even larger!

Cheers,
    Josh

oh! if anyone wants/needs hi-res copies they are available, PM me.
    Last edited by ithinkimamedic; May 15th, 2007 at 09:38 AM. Reason: sick people summoned me mid post!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Centre Group Shoot 5/12/07

Cool beans guys. Nice pics.

Looks like everyone was having a good time.

Last month our group shoot (SW Pa) had rain but mostly drizzle for a good part of the day and still had a good turnout.

Was scoutjoe limited to 3 golfballs?

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Centre County)

He only shot 1 at a time but I know it went off more than 3 times... I kinda lost track.
    Buy a silencer.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Allegheny County)

What the He_ _?!!!

I responded to this earlier today and I don't see it! Crap. I'm not typing it all over again!

Basically I said it's great to see you guys got together for a shoot!
    (There were more PAFOA T-shirts at OUR shoot on Sunday! kidding!)

We've been doing this in Pittsburgh and it's going well.
    When we all get our pics off our cameras I want to post the photos where the rest of the forum can see them.

Looks like we're lying the groundwork for some "official" PAFOA "regional" group Shoots!

Keep it going, it's a lot of fun meeting other forum members and learning about new firearms!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Hey guys, looks like ya had fun! It's good to see you guys got to get together to meet each other and share toys. Now you will be standing in front of the safe trying to pick out what you will take to the next shoot.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Centre County)

Emptymag, your replied on the Centre county board not out here, it is not lost!

Bar Tour time!
    Buy a silencer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    Emptymag, your replied on the Centre county board not out here, it is not lost!

Bar Tour time!

Oh, it's like some sort of parallel universe thing?

Don't F with my head like that man!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

EM,

I knew that I read your post too. Also forgot it was elsewhere(?).

Congrats on the get-to-gather guys. Ours started with, what?, two guys showing to the first one. Then someone said FOOD!!!! Now we have 13-15 showing in rain and or Mother's Day. Just wait till THC picks a nice day that ain't a HOLIDAY. People will think there is an invasion going on.

Remember Food is Key.

If you notice even 27Hand said.......Holy Beans. btw he is a pretty good griller.

I had tons-o-fun that day! Definitely looking forward to the next get-together.

It's a shame you didn't get any pictures of anyone shooting Ronin's hand cannon (.44mag Deagle).

(Berks County)

I showed up later in the day after i think you took all the pictures but it was all still a lot of fun!
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast