Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Anyone loading for lightwight 44 mags?

Shot in the dark. I've got a S&W 329PD and I'm researching a cast bullet, penetrating load that is do-able in the 329PD. I'm narrowing it down to a 300ish cast WW gas check with 2400 but looking at any and all options. Whatcha got?

(Allegheny County)

I am loading a laser Cast 240 RNFP in my 44 mag with 6.5 grs of Hodgdon's Universal. I use it to shoot Hunter Pistol Silhouette and it does real well. I haven't chronied it yet but estimate it at about 850 FPS

(Dauphin County)

Thanks RedHawk41 for the 'load'! I'm really looking for the heaviest hitter that me and the pistol can handle. I'm having a tuff time sifting through all the old data-compared to the new info and powders. I've been trying 2400 and Unique with a 310GC with quelched WW. I don't know if I'll need to move up to a commercial caster to get where I want to go but 1st things 1st..a load I can handle and the gun will too. Once I get past the testing and sighting-in..I don't plan to shoot the heavy load too much other than to make sure I can whip 2 rounds off, with accuracy into a pretend "Flesh Beater's" heavy skull.
    Last edited by luckyned7; August 24th, 2006 at 11:09 PM. Reason: spellying

(Dauphin County)

Anyone loading a hotter load yet? I soooo need a chrony just to see if I'm in the 'range' on sooo many of my different reloads. I'm not trying to blow myself or my poor little ulta-lite up but I am trying to deliver a knock-out, penetrater load from my 329 without out -sourcing. I believe I'm up to a 310GC cast from..err..about a quelched wheel-weight..at about a 18.5 of new 2400..but NEVER quote me or try that at home. I'm up to..stopping a black bear if ever I had too. (There is a story behind the idea )