Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Stag Arms Model 1

Guys - I don't know much about AR 15's but have wanted one for a while. I saw this one on Gun Broker and if I can score it for $1000- I was wondering if that is a GOOD price or just AVERAGE. I've seen used ones for around that price and more. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. I live in DE local to this dealer so no transfer fees.
    Thanks

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=129321565

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Stag Arms Model 1

Well I really don't know how they can claim it is "milspec" and then on the very same line state that it has a 1/9 barrel. However it's a good price for a decent rifle, I doubt you'll actually win it for 1K but other than that I'd say go for it.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

Thanks for the response. I really know very little about AR's and opinions seem to vary so much. $1000 isn't going to really set me back and I guess I want one just for the novelty. That being said, I don't want to over pay. Thanks again for the reply.

(Allegheny County)

Just a few weeks or a month ago you really couldn't find an AR for less than $1000. Now there are some popping up for around $950. I say if you can pick up one for under $1000 your pretty good to go. Especially if your just buying one to have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

If you can wait, you'll be able to get any AR you want for a good price. As the buying frenzy cools and all of the backorders catch up, dealers will be flooded with rifles, parts, lowers...etc. Give it a few monthes or so, you'll be glad you did. 2 Months ago I couldn't find a lower in all of Tucson. Yesterday, the counters were full of them, all brands. They still have the same marked up prices mind you, but that won't last much longer. I'm sure they have more on order too.

(Allegheny County)

$1,000 is too much for a stag.

stag's are great guns (i have one), but they are $800 guns, not $1,000 guns.

the AR panic is more or less over...keep looking around and you will find one for a couple hundred less.
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

x2. I just put one on Law Away today for $800.00 It has a gas rail block not A2. There's (2) more for $850.00 (A2 style with rear MI flip up sight). Since I ship and do business through him he knockwd mine down $50.00. I asked how long he had them on order which his response was 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    $1,000 is too much for a stag.

stag's are great guns (i have one), but they are $800 guns, not $1,000 guns.

the AR panic is more or less over...keep looking around and you will find one for a couple hundred less.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>