Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Anyone have some info on the Sig 2022?

Im am looking for anyone who has one or has shot one. Nice gun not so nice gun etc. I havent seen one in any local shops yet so just looking for some info. Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anyone have some info on the Sig 2022?

Excellent pistol overall. Can be purchased for a good price, ranging from $460 up to about $550 or so. Accurate and reliable in my experience. Reportedly discontinued for U.S. market however more and more seem to show up every few months or so. Recently won a contract for a South American government agency, and is also used by the French Gendarmes. Parts and magazines are easy to find if you look in the right places. Holsters can be somewhat limited at times though. Most 2022's tend to have an excellent trigger pull for an out of the box Sig. That's it in a nutshell pretty much. They seem to show up alot at Cabelas, Basspro, Gander mtn, and such places more often than not. Also check Gunbroker, they are often plentiful there as well. Worth picking up if it fits you.

(Monroe County)

I looked at it in 9mm. really nice and comes with a 10 round mag and a 15 round mag. It also comes standard with nite sights. At over 30 oz and just a bit bigger then I wanted.
    Really nice pistol for the 500 dollar range.

(Allegheny County)

Normally they should come with 2 15rnd mags, sometimes 3 mags pending the package. I picked mine up with 3 mags. Seems most places are down to two lately. If you shop around, some shops still have them with the 3 factory mags intact.

(Allegheny County)

my friend has one, I didn't particulary like it compared to the other Sigs I have fired.

I've got one. I have owned and still own a couple of SIGs. This one is one of the keepers. The 2022 is chambered for .40 S&W, while the 2009 is chambered for 9mm. It is accurate, easy to carry, and Blackhawk makes a Serpa holster for it. It is not a small gun though, and if you have small hands, you may not like the size of the grip. Mine has fired all sorts of ammunition with no burps or hiccups. I have owned other SIG Sauer guns which have since been traded away. This one at the most may go to my son-in-law, but besides him, no one else is getting it from me.

ETA: In .40 S&W, it comes with 12 round magazines.