Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Firearm selling question, please help.

I have a guy interested in one of my Glocks, he asked me for the manuels that came with it. I dont have them anymore, so he said he contacted Glock and he can get one but I would need to give him the serial number.

Is it ok to give someone you dont know a serial number for one of your guns?

Sorry if this question is dumb, but I have never been asked for any serial numbers before.

Thanks
    After WW3, only roaches will survive, and they will live in steel AK mags.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Firearm selling question, please help.

I'm no expert, but why would the need the serial number for a manual, it's not like they make one for every different gun ? It's probably no big deal, but I would sell it first, or you get the manual and charge him - lol

(Luzerne County)

I don't see why he would need the serial number. Even if they did need it you should get the manual yourself. Then give it to him if he buys it.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

I recently got a manual from Beretta and they asked for the serial number on the on-line request form. I gave it and the manual arrived in a few days...free.

I'd get the book yourself, then give it when you sell the gun.

(Allegheny County)

I'd definatly get the manual yourself and go from there. I'm a little paranoid about giving out my firearms serial #'s and such. In theory if he had the serial # and didn't own the firearm yet, he could try to report the weapon lost/stolen if the deal would fall through. It might not go very far but would still be an very irritating. I think better to be safe in all regards. This is also why alot of people blot out the serial # in their firearms photos.

Thank you to everyone for your advice. I am going to order the manual myself.
    After WW3, only roaches will survive, and they will live in steel AK mags.

(York County)

The serial number request is probably so Glock can provide the correct manual for the (?) generation gun. Also, it may be to determine if there are any updates required (as there was for some of the late First or early Second Generation guns).
    The guy might also want to confirm (with the cops) that your Glock is legitimate (that is, not stolen)
    I wouldn't be overly concerned about providing the serial number, but to alleviate your, and his, concerns; you can order the manual from Glock.
    If he's concerned about the gun not being legitimate, he should be upfront about that question so you can prove (original purchase bill of sale) that it is.

(Lancaster County)

The request for ser # is for Glock to make sure you are not ordering duplicate parts for the same gun at their expense. Foe example, if my mag release broke and I contacted them for a free replacement they would get the guns ser #. Then, when I decide I want a spare I cant just call them up and say it broke without them knowing this would be my second replacement. I dont see the harm in disclosing a serial number. Zoom in on half the gun pictures on this sight and you can see them.