Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Greater Reading Expo Center

More information here: http://www.maacpsse.com/maac.html

It is a two day show. September 30th and October 1st. Not sure about the entry fee.

This is a first time show at this location. I'm going to give it a try on Saturday. If anybody is going, please look up Henry Smith of Smith Specialty Arms. He is a very reputable and honest machine gun and suppressor dealer from Slatington, PA. Mention to Henry that John C sent you.

John C

John,

would you happen to have Henry's contact information? I am considering my first class III purchase.

You can get him at 610-767-4670 from 4-10 PM daily (he has a real job too). Ask Dan P about his experience. Why doncha go to the show this weekend and meet him. I guarantee Henry will not talk down to you (like some dealers do) because you are not familiar with C3.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to sell my MK-760. Might you be interested? You don't need to go thry a C3 dealer if you are a PA resident (as I).

John C

I already have plans to go shooting with some of the members on this site...or else I probably would go there to speak to him. I am not a FA fan myself....I am looking at suppressed weapons only...at least for now. Thank you for the quick reply.

Well, then he's your guy. When I first met Henry years ago, the T-shirt he gave me said "Silence is Golden". 'enuf said.

John C

(Berks County)

Dang, 11th St. in Reading... only about 8 minutes from my house.

+1 for Henry Smith.
    I've been dealing with Henry about as long as John C. has. Great guy to deal with... I also have a couple of his "Silence is Golden" T-shirts.
    Just bought a Walther P22 & TAC65 suppressor from him 2 months ago.
    Paperwork zoomed thru BATF. 37 days mailbox to mailbox on an individual/Form4 transfer.

Maybe I'll see you at the show John... It's been a long time.

(Berks County)

Art, hope to see you there- I'm looking forward to a show like this in my hometown area. Look for the fat guy with the bandage on his lower left leg. I dropped a board on it a couple days ago. I'll be maxing out the card and spending what little cash I got on AK mags,a sling, and ammo.

(Lebanon County)

OK...so who went on Saturday and how was it??? I'm trying to decide if I want to make the hour+ drive on Sunday.

(Berks County)

I was there from about 1230 to 1500 today- didn't have a lot of cash so I walked around a lot and looked. Picked up 3 AK mags for $10 each,200 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 and 2 pistol cases for $5.00 apiece.

Entry fee is $7.00, show was a little bigger than Leesport but not like the full Harrisburg MAAC shows. Plenty to see and prices were half decent if you looked hard enough- for example, if you want a 91/30 ignore the stand in the first aisle for $149 and get them for $69 about 2 aisles over.

Plenty of ammo, 3 stands selling a good assortment and the guy with the reloading stuff is there too. Lots of used and new,sporting and milsurp. There's a guy with a stand selling black rifle uppers, must have 20-25 on racks ready to go. Several stands had AK's, new Yugos for about $499 and WASR's for about $350- saw a couple used ones too, only one I looked at was fairly nice for $299 OTD.

Almost picked up a disassembly manual for the AK I just got (Mongo like pictures!) but couldn't see paying $7.00 for the same thing I can get on the net. That bookstand has about any military or weapon book ever printed I think- if you want to learn German military letter codes from WW2 they got a book on it.

All in all I'm glad I drove up from Lancaster County, the show wasn't as big as I thought it would be but there's still lots of room for it to grow and the stuff is there,you just need to look. My local dealer usually goes to the MAAC show but he said that this one came up fairly quickly,not a lot of notice, so maybe that's why it was smaller than Harrisburg. For a first show in a new venue like that I liked it and will be at the next one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast