Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ranges near us

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ranges near us

Quote Originally Posted by billy870m9 View Post
    fleetwood fish and game you do not need a reference and its only 10 bucks a year, nice place, just cant use shot with shotgun only slugs....nice place if anyone needs info on joining let me know
    Yes, Fleetwood is nice, but next year it goes up to $15 and no longer available at local businesses - events at the club only.

And when trap meets are going on all other ranges are closed. Makes sense for the rifles (right next to it) but the pistol range is completely separate. Never got that.

(Berks County)

i have only been there for like 3 months and havent had any problems....sure beats paying 10 bucks an hour at the indoor range in mt penn.....what bout the business thing you said?????
    Last edited by billy870m9; December 2nd, 2006 at 09:49 AM.

(Berks County)

Reading Area-Cacoosing Gun Club
    Shotgun only, but nice range and only $20/year.

http://cacoosinggunclub.hostingweb.us/index.html

215 Cacoosing Lane, Birdsboro, PA 19508
    610-856-1453
    Skeet, Sporting Clays, 5-Stand, Trap

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by billy870m9 View Post
    i have only been there for like 3 months and havent had any problems....sure beats paying 10 bucks an hour at the indoor range in mt penn.....what bout the business thing you said?????
    You used to be able to get the memberships at local businesses - Kermit Knerr Barber was one, the Dick's Gulf station was another. Now you HAVE to go to the range during one of their meetings or events (i.e. trap shoots).

I need to find a range closer to me (Reading/Shillington).

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
    I need to find a range closer to me (Reading/Shillington).
    What about Mohnton? That should be closer to you than Fleetwood. I've never been there but from what I understand its a pretty good club.

http://www.mohnton.org/
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

I think it is closer, but I heard that it's hard to get in. As for the truth in that... ??

(Berks County)

(Bucks County)

Default Ranges in Bucks County

I live in Solebury, Bucks County. Where are the nearby outdoor ranges for rifle and shotgun for me? Thanks for the info.

Also I shoot at Target World in Montgomery County. It's an excellent range, great service and good guys there. Any other indoor ranges around Solebury that others might recommend?

(Berks County)

Welcome to the forum!

Have you checked this area of the forum yet?

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/bucks-13/

You will probably get more info if you post your question there after reading what's already been posted.

You can also check back here...maybe someone besides myself could answer your question.

(Cambria County)

I am adding another good gun club to the list, "The Hamburg Rifle and Pistol Club" located just outside of Shartlesville (exit 23 of I-78) which is about 7 miles West of Cabela's. http://www.hamburgriflepistol.com/

Here are some "snippits" from the website:

The Hamburg Rifle & Pistol Club

The Ranges we have are as follows:

* "The Pit" (an informal shooting and plinking area)
    * 25-50 yard "Bullseye" style covered range (complete with benches and motorized targets)
    * 100-200-300 yard Rifle Range (covered with benches)
    * Access to The Shartlesville Archery Trail
    * Trap House (only allowed to be used for cowboy shoots and Shartlesville Matches)
    --Hamburg Rifle & Pistol Club Members are issued a key for the target sheds (targets, rests, staple guns, and ear plugs are available for use).

Our club resides on some of the most beautiful surroundings in the area. We are situated on a hundred forrested acres- owned by the Shartlesville Fish and Game Association, at the base of Central PA's "Blue Mountain". Our mission is to encourage young shooters and promote the shooting sports.

The Hamburg Rifle Pistol Club, Inc. has approxiametly 180 members that share a common interest in promoting the shooting sports. We are members of the NRA (National Rifle Association), SASS (Single Action Shooting Society), and The PA Rifle Pistol Association. Our meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.

Our ranges reside on scenic land leased from The Shartlesville Fish and Game Association (of whom we are also members).

Step back in time every 3rd Sunday of the month (Spring-Fall) as our club sponsors it's ever popular "Cowboy Shoots". Shooters use original and replica firearms to "engage" steel targets for a fun afternoon of adventure. Being that we are a SASS affiliated club, we abide by all the safety and procedural guidelines of the Single Action Shooting Society. For more information about these shoots contact Dennis Yoder (The Mad Tanner) 610 562- 8161 or Tim Fisher (Stone Cold) 610 488-0619. Please note, you DO NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER to shoot at these events. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

------------------

Take care and stay safe,

Bob

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast